PDA

View Full Version : Maze Problems

bubblehead
05-31-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm following Alphadawg's tutorial, and went to test my quest after putting in the first dungeon entrance (not the dungeon).

I had put in the starting point where the tutorial said to put it in the first screen, but when i started the quest, link started in a gray screen in the upper left corner of the map and I had to walk down about seven gray screens and to the right another seven.

So, i copied and pasted the starting screen in the upper left corner because i couldn't figure out how to get him to start in the right spot. I copied and pasted the rest of the screens where they fit in the upper left corner, redoing all of the special item rooms and shops, etc.

I redid the maze so that the pattern was something like up, left, down, left and exit at right, but when Link walked down it didn't work - the screen was gray (the other screens worked, though, left and up repeated the original maze screen, as did right when I didn't do the pattern in the correct order).

I have no idea why the down screen doesn't work - any ideas? :blah:

LinktheMaster
05-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Okay, I think I might now what it the problem. The path the player must take to get out in the special way, is done byt the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th items in the path. The exit is the side that the player can always leave on, no matter what.
And, as for your problem with the starting the top left corner, make sure you set the continue part of the dmap. In the beginning area, that is what the starting screen goes by.
Heop this helps. ;)

Freedom
05-31-2004, 01:45 PM
on the dmap you need to fill in the screen number right below "continue here" checkbox to get link to start on the right screen.

on your maze, if you enter it from the top, you can also exit it from the top.. etc
try a different pattern.

bubblehead
05-31-2004, 04:19 PM
Thankyou all - the maze is fixed and I have yet to try the DMap solution to the starting point, but that sounds like it should work.