View Full Version : Why do you like Zelda?

Ingenue
05-30-2004, 08:19 PM
The first Zelda game I played was LttP but I didn't really start to like the Zelda games very much until the N64 (because Zelda wasn't in them much until N64). =) I also watched the cartoon growing up and I liked it because Link was like the Knight-In-Shining-Armor for Princess Zelda. I always have liked fairytale and fantasy cartoons, movies and games but Zelda always sticks with me because it has everything: elven hero/princess, fairies, evil sorcerers. I hope the next Zelda will be more fantasy/dark instead of cartoony like the last one.

Why do you guys like Zelda so much?

Samson007
05-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Its got history.

i remember playing LoZ when I was little for hours. We had the whole neighborhood over to one of the kids houses and take turns playing.

The rest of the games are just good. Honestly LoZ is still one of my favorites, i must say I like LttP the best of all the Zelda's ever though.

Ingenue
05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
I like LttP more for the gameplay and also the 2D style. =) I miss the old sprite animation for games...

AND Link turns into a bunny! That makes it the best Zelda ever. =D LOL joking hehe

Ganon's Minion
05-30-2004, 09:23 PM
The memories of playing it. Such fun, playing OoT, the Oracle Series, MM, WW and all the rest. Those are my favs. I love the whole concept of Zelda. It's got a hero, a villain, and others in between. Zelda's got it all. Anything and everything you'd ever want out of a classic game, Zelda's got. :)

Archibaldo
05-30-2004, 09:25 PM
I would have to say its because its fun and challenging. That, and it has history and a good story line.

King
05-30-2004, 11:35 PM
It was always about the dungeons for me.

Maverick_Zero
05-31-2004, 12:27 AM
I don't like Zelda, huh, why do you just assume people like Zelda HUH!?

Why don't you give an option for those people who CHOOSE to not LIKE "ZELDA" prejudiced eh? just a little bit

I got 99 problems but playing crappy zelda games ain't one!

vegeta1215
05-31-2004, 12:34 AM
I got hooked on the original, loved the cartoons, and every new Zelda game gives me that same magical feeling I got when I first played the original. Zelda is also the reason I found AGN.

Pangolin
05-31-2004, 04:32 PM
It's just... Zelda, I guess.
The games are brillient, and it gets better and better the more games that come out, because it has a rich histroy to draw on. It's fantasy too which makes it spiffinger for me. I can't wait for the next Zelda game, it looks so real!

Ingenue
05-31-2004, 04:37 PM
I got hooked on the original, loved the cartoons, and every new Zelda game gives me that same magical feeling I got when I first played the original. Zelda is also the reason I found AGN.

This is the same for me too. =) These are the biggest Zelda fan forums I have manage to find. All the other forums I've been to, the guys think Zelda and Nintendo are too "kiddy".

I've seen some Kingdom Hearts siggies here too so its nice to see not all guys need to be reassured about their masculinity by playing blood-n-guts games all the time. =P

Orion
05-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Why do I like it? Because Link is a stud, that's why.

j/k.

aces2022
05-31-2004, 07:12 PM
It has such awesome gameplay. It has such good story. The enemies are awesome along with the main characters and especially the items you use while your fighting, going through dungeons, etc..... All of them are just so awesome.

Jakq
05-31-2004, 08:58 PM
I like it because the first time I played, i was 4 years old.

MegaMan3000
05-31-2004, 10:22 PM
I can't wait for the next Zelda game, it looks so real!
By real do you mean somewhere in-between the fairy forest guy person riding a horse taking down an almost army of false creatures, or all the unrealistic adventure and items?

zables
06-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Zelda, whenever i hear that name it makes me reminisce... it all started when i was about 4 years old, got my nintendo and played the game until i feel asleep holding the controller... then came Zelda 2, another amazing game that i spent countless hours on.
LoZ LTTP was nothing short of quite possibly the best Zelda game ever it had everything that the first ones had for amazing music, graphic innovation (for the time it was developed in)....
Zelda 64 again was absoltely incredible for the amount of freedom that it offered compared to previous Zelda games. Overall the reason it was as good as it was is because there was so much thought that whent into the games. i know im rambling but man. those were the times.
Besides, where else could you become a pink bunny and have big meanies trying to get ya up the but with their rocks or tenticles? lol

and the next Zelda that is hopefully comming out will be nothihng short of ground breaking in every way.

Ingenue
06-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Where are you guys getting infos on the upcoming Zelda game? Ive only seen two articles that are "previews".