PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

Ingenue
05-30-2004, 05:24 PM
I forget if it was yesterday or the day before it but the Dutch president came to meet with President Bush. He said that Memorial Day was coming up soon and that despite its being a US holiday, that Europe should remember the sacrifices that the US and coalition made to liberate it from Hitler. He then went on to say that the Dutch will be keeping their troops in Iraq and that the critics of this war should remember that not so long ago, instead of Saddam practicing genocide on Sunnis it was Hitler practicing genocide on the Jews. The main message of the Dutch president was that now more than ever we shouldn't forget the sacrifices we made in the past or are making now in the name of freedom. Memorial Day is a day that the US and all coalition countries should celebrate in rememberance. I thought this was a very nice sentiment to come from him. =)

I hope the Memorial Day we will all remember the sacrifices that US and coalition soldiers are making every day in Iraq. Whether you are for or against this war this is a day that partisan politics should be forgotten and we should honor the noble sacrifices that our soldiers of the past and present make in the name of freedom and an end of persecution for all.

Naked Jim
05-30-2004, 07:24 PM
We should honor soldiers every day not just on one designated holiday. So many people have given there lives for this countries freedom why should we celebrate it one do lets celebrate our freedom every day!!!!!!

Ingenue
05-30-2004, 07:34 PM
This is true too! =) Maybe if more of us held that sentiment, more would be supporting our troops during times like these (with abu ghadib and such).

codelinker
05-30-2004, 08:25 PM
That's true. If everyone would support our troops it would be alot easier. Anyway, I like Memorial day because I get to go to California every year with my aunt.

Ingenue
05-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Are you leaving today or tomorrow? I hope you won't be going to LA 'cus the holiday rush there is going to be cRaZy!