PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to make full screen?

vudumumu
05-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Like the title says, is there anyway to make the game go full screen or bigger than it is? Thanks

*b*
05-30-2004, 12:48 PM
um, it's supposed to be fullscreen last I checked. what version are you using?

vudumumu
05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
um, it's supposed to be fullscreen last I checked. what version are you using?

The lastest version. 1.92

MottZilla
05-31-2004, 02:42 PM
Are you talking about the black border around the game while playing? Because the NES used a rather odd resolution (256x256/232/224 as there are different viewable amounts depending on how you run the software), ZC runs in 320x240 as PC are generally not capable of a resolution of 256x224 or something similar. Thus the screen is plotted to the center creating a small black border. Now if i recall I believe a feature was added to ZC to use a stretch to cover the entire screen.

Odanaki
05-31-2004, 06:17 PM
:sonar: Funny, I never heard of this one!

vudumumu
06-01-2004, 03:40 PM
No, I understand the black border. I mean the biggest it gets for me is like 1/8 of a full screen including the border.

Alexfrog
06-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Try right clicking on the program in windows, going to properties. Go to screen and click full screen. Might do the trick?

vudumumu
06-02-2004, 01:26 PM
I have no clue what may be going wrong. I downloaded the 1.92 beta 183 version, run the install, and when I try to open it, its perfect with sound and everything except its about 1/9th of the screen. I cannot maximize it. I'm running XP. Sigh, its really irking me.

Alexfrog
06-02-2004, 03:53 PM
I have no clue what may be going wrong. I downloaded the 1.92 beta 183 version, run the install, and when I try to open it, its perfect with sound and everything except its about 1/9th of the screen. I cannot maximize it. I'm running XP. Sigh, its really irking me.

I had this as well. I fixed it somehow, I think by right clicking on the program, going to properties, and changing something about the display properties..

Tim
06-02-2004, 05:38 PM
XP is anal about it for some reason. I have the same problem. I just ignore it.

Shadow Strider
06-03-2004, 12:47 AM
I have been having a similar problem with all three available builds above 190 so far (1.92b 163,183 and 1.92a 184). My computer is using Windows 98, so the whole XP thing would seem not to apply. Every time I try to start up the main program or zquest, it either pops up in a small, non-adjustable window or seems to "try" and pop up in a full-size window. If the latter happens, the border merely flashes as it switches between the active window color and regular color before the computer shuts the program down with an illegal operation prompt.

Zelda 190 works just fine, and it seems to have something to do with the fact that the computer registers it as a DOS program. It has all of the various tabs for adjusting the program under properties. When I check the properties for the newer versions, it only has the General tab listed, and does not provide any way to change the size of the window it pops up in. It also identifies the program only as an application. Only once have I gotten one of the new builds to work: the window popped up, played sound, and never played the video. I frantically dragged it across the desktop numerous times in random directions :mad: ...and the video started to play when it was at the edge of the screen. :odd: It was still quite small, though...

If anything, it's similar to trying to get the actual game to work on my NES. It seems to have "The Technique" that must be used before the game plays. :laughing: However, I have been very unsucessful getting it to work still, the framerate is low even with VSync or whatever off, and the darn thing is so small! Plus the newest games are made on builds higher than 190, so I'd really like help as well if it's possible.

Alexfrog
06-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Maybe if the problem is XP, then check 'play in compatibility mode for windows 95 (or 98)'. (Again, right click -> properties -> compatibility.

MottZilla
06-04-2004, 02:54 AM
ZC should have no issues running under Windows XP if you are running the Windows version of ZC. :o