PDA

View Full Version : An odd Z3 Bug.

ShadowTiger
05-29-2004, 08:48 PM
http://www.filespace.org/BH4/Z3BugPullingNAM.GIF
(URL) (http://www.filespace.org/BH4/Z3BugPullingNAM.GIF)

This is NOT a mockup. I assembled the GIF from screenshots I took a few days ago. I found this really odd trick while messing around with the wall master, .. or ceiling master, .. stair master, .. whatever it is.

So in the room in the South East corner of the Skull Dungeon in the Dark World. It should be a fairly large room, with 3 Gibdos in it, maybe 4, .. and 4 bumpers in it. (Maybe 5.) It should have a tail extending to the lower left, and a few spike tiles in it.

So kill everything in the room, and then align yourself between the two top bumpers. Walk into one so you start bouncing. You should bounce in between the two without any further action on your part if you were aligned just right. (It actually isn't that hard.) If the wall/ceiling master comes by, have a charged spin attack ready for him. There's no WAY he can get past that, unless you mis-time it, which isn't easy, thankfully.

So keep bouncing like that, perhaps for about a minute or two. Probably 45 seconds will do. Then leave, make a separate save state if you own the cartridge or whatever, and leave the bumper range. Try not to get hit on the spikes around you. Then go north, and trigger the buttons near the pit. DON'T cross them. (Actually, I think you can, but for the example's purpose, don't yet. ;) ) .. Then once you've pressed the buttons and the pits have changed, (This is just to make sure we're on the same page. I'm not sure HOW it affects the trick / bug, but I know it DOES in a manner.) .. then turn around, and head through the western door. By now, you should notice something ODD. You're able to see through the left door, to the other room to your left. (That shouldn't be. :p .. Scrolling will get funky, and skip rooms in a very apparent fashion.

.. Well.. That's it. :p Enjoy! :kawaii:

Oh, ALSO, .. I think I found a way to get over pits. For those of you who own the cartridge, and can therefore work with the Rom and Emulator legally, if you have a turbo button for all of your buttons, you can push that turbo button corresponding to your use/dash button. Link will appear to be moving, except he doesn't move his legs while he moves. In this state, as long as you don't touch a wall, get hurt, or release the button, you can ignore pits. .. Awesome. ;)

.. And using that trick, .. try to find your way back into the castle, go back underground to the second room under the castle. It had large, expansive pits going off into the darkness. ... Use this trick there. :thumbsup: :laughing: That would be AWESOME.

.. Also, since I'm on a roll, I've found out how to get back into that room in the Castle Sewers with those two cracks in the wall that you had no way of getting to. In the light world graveyard, push hard on the upper left gravestone, from the south side. Instead of bones, it'll have a black pit you'll fall into. Dash into those cracks for some goodies. ;) :highfive:

.. Oh, and I also managed to collect the maximum amount of health. I think that by far the most aggravating HCP to get, is the one you have to DIG for. I spent an hour there until I had found it. O_O

PolygonX8
05-29-2004, 08:55 PM
That's almost as odd as Super Metroid's S/T Beam glitch. :P I'll have to try this out sometime.

slothman
05-29-2004, 09:18 PM
I had too look in the internet to make sure the digging game HC was actually there. I must have done it dozens of times without getting it. Luckely I can win without it easily but it is hard work.

Samson007
05-30-2004, 12:12 AM
wow, thats pretty odd. If I wasnt so lazy i would try it myself, but for now ill have to take your word on it.

Dart Zaidyer
05-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Oh, ALSO, .. I think I found a way to get over pits. For those of you who own the cartridge, and can therefore work with the Rom and Emulator legally, if you have a turbo button for all of your buttons, you can push that turbo button corresponding to your use/dash button. Link will appear to be moving, except he doesn't move his legs while he moves. In this state, as long as you don't touch a wall, get hurt, or release the button, you can ignore pits. .. Awesome.
That will also work on a real SNES, but you have to have a very fast Turbo controller in order to do it. I have a QuickShot and It's never failed me. I keep forgetting what type it is exactly, but it does matter... There's almost no other controller that fast and that's why most people can't get it to work on a real SNES.

And yes, Skull Dungeon is a very weird place. There are a LOT of glitches to be found there.

vegeta1215
05-30-2004, 08:40 AM
I had too look in the internet to make sure the digging game HC was actually there. I must have done it dozens of times without getting it. Luckely I can win without it easily but it is hard work.

I know! That was the very last heart piece I got on my original cartridge. For some reason it feels a little easier on the GBA remake, possibly because I win a lot more money in the mini game on the GBA version than on the SNES version, and I never have to go out to get more rupees.

I the only Z3 glitch I've tried is the Death Mountain decent glitch. It's pretty weird, and I hear it is still in the GBA version.

LinktheMaster
05-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Very odd. I will have to try this out sometime. ;)