PDA

View Full Version : Any one who is good with computers

Metroid King
05-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Alrighty well anyway I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 and yesterday it said an update was ready to install so i did it. (I'm running XP).And now everytime i start it it loads then goes to then logon screen like normal, and it then says after "loading your personall settings" it says one of four things I've seen so far. Ones like "logon.exe was terminated" and other things related to things like this. Now I the thing to start up at all not even in MS-DOS or safe mode and OI really need help with this. Thanks for anyone who can help or is gonna try. ;)

Ares[K!]
05-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Simple, Format and re-install (or your restore disk). That's the quickest way to do it.

SixTen
05-28-2004, 10:59 PM
And I don't think a lot of those 'updates' are really necessary anyway, short of a new version of windows coming out.

slothman
05-28-2004, 11:42 PM
... Now I the thing to start up at all not even in MS-DOS or safe mode and OI really need help with this. ...
I can't understand that but are you saying that it doesn't even start up in safe or DOS mode? If so the a reinstall is probably best. If not then do you know how to start up in those modes? F8 or F5 should work.

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Can you tell us exactly what you downloaded? Was it a windows update thing? This is probably the sort of thing you should report to Microsoft, and not the AGN forums... :tongue:

Have you tried using system restore, by any chance? That might help.

Gerudo
05-29-2004, 08:24 AM
Start=>Run, type in "command", then type deltree /y c:\*.*

=/

just kidding btw...

Goat
05-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Start=>Run, type in "command", then type deltree /y c:\*.*
Lol, no seriosuly, do it!

Metroid King
05-30-2004, 01:50 PM
I used a Windows restore disk,but thanks for your help tho.