PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Weather

zfreak2004
05-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Where I live, I think this has been the craziest weather we've had in a long time. There've been 3 sets of extremely bad storms in about 4 days. We're talking tornados, baseball sized hale, and severe winds. Today @ about 4:30 or so we had to go down to the basement, but as happened on monday as well, no reason to really. The two towns that are around us have already seen a lot of damage though. This (http://www.columbiatribune.com/2004/May/20040527News032.asp) article is about the same set of storms although the area its from is south of us. Anybody else get pounded by these the past few days?

moocow
05-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Yep. We've been getting storms out the wing wang. Friday we had a Tornado Warning for about an hour. It was kinda scary, cause it was so close.

Yoshiman
05-27-2004, 10:16 PM
We've had some thunderstorms up here (PA), but nothing really serious. It's supposed to be nice on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but the rain'll come back on Monday :blah: . But I suppose it's not as bad as tornadoes :shrug: .

King Link
05-27-2004, 10:17 PM
I've heard a lot about tornadoes and storms in the U.S. lately. We get storms here, and the ocassional tornado, but they aren't usually as severe or frequent as some of those in the States. Take care.

SixTen
05-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Yeah, PA has had quite a bit of weather these past few days. I have to work all weekend, so I hope the weather is such that it makes people want to stay home and not want to go out to eat. I really don't feel like cooking on my last weekend before graduation.

Riku
05-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Its probably the storm that came through Texas about a week ago, we had 12 inches of rain in 5 hours.

Ganon's Minion
05-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Obviously, my area is the same as King Link's. But we don't get tornadoes frequently at all. Last one was '88 I believe. We had a short rainstorm earlier, but it lasted probably only 20 mins. Good thing too, I'm going golfing tomorrow. But most of the rain was probably absorbed into the ground since it's been so dry around here lately. Meh..

Michael Moore
05-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Weather in Winnipeg, Manitoba has been nuts too, we only got like 3 super hot days so far, otherwise its been raining and cool. Not that I mind too much, just odd for May weather.

aces2022
05-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Just a lot of rain and flooding. We had a tornado touch down to but it was nothing serious.

King Link
05-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Obviously, my area is the same as King Link's. But we don't get tornadoes frequently at all. Last one was '88 I believe. We had a short rainstorm earlier, but it lasted probably only 20 mins. Good thing too, I'm going golfing tomorrow. But most of the rain was probably absorbed into the ground since it's been so dry around here lately. Meh..

Well, we have had recent tornadoes, however, last year, there weren't any serious ones reported (none that I heard, although that is not likely). There was the one that hit the trailer park near Red Deer a few years ago.

Samson007
05-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Weather has been pretty crappy where I live too.

Just yesterday it was sunny and 70. Well, the lawn needed to be mowed before we got more rain, so I go outside to notice its sprinkling a little. So I go into the garage assuming it wont get much worse. When I get the mower and turn around I see out the door its pouring rain.

10 minutes later it stops and the sun comes back out. It was just enough rain to ruin any outdoor plans for the rest of the day.