PDA

View Full Version : UT2004 + Modding goodness= Exuberant Gamer

Rijuhn
05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
I have to say that UT2004 was a great game when I first bought it. As time goes by it gets even better by way of Mods, tons of mods! YAY! So far there haven't been too many mods for UT2004, but the few that were released recently, like the Comunity Bonus Pack 2 and Red Orchestra, really make me an exuberate gamer.

I just want to share with anyone who enjoys FPS to really consider purchasing UT2004 (Unreal Tournament 2004) but also keep in mind you need a fairly recent system to really play the game effectively.

If anyone knows of any really cool mods please post a link to them if you could, thanks.

Bloodstar64
05-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Red Orchestra is not worth the download. Wait till it gets out of beta before downloading. The sloppy movment system and gameplay are just nuts. The maps are not easy to navagate, and objectives are not clear at all.

I'd recoomend trying Remote Strike, which adds Future real-like weapons into the game. The Halo Shield Mutator is also a fun one to try.

TedHead
05-31-2004, 08:23 PM
I loved the Community Bonus Pack... I haven't tried Volume 2 yet, haven't had the chance, but the new maps and music are just beautiful.

I like Khronos, the one in the clock tower. And the level where the platforms appear as you walk across them, those are nice. I'm gonna try out volume 2 once I finish all these !@#$% exams and final projects.

I got Red Orchestra, but I haven't tried it either. My friend said it's good, but hard. (He's a Day of Defeat [for half-life] veteran)

Carball is out too if you didn't know, as well as Jailbreak. You should check them both out. Good sites for news are www.beyondunreal.com and www.planetunreal.com but if you're majorly into Mods, BeyondUnreal hosts a site called ModWorks which you should definately check out.

UT2004 roooocks!!!

AlexMax
05-31-2004, 09:06 PM
I do not care for Red Orchestra at all. I've never liked World War shooters, and even though I gave it a try, I ended up being left with a 'meh' feeling.

However, the community bonus pack is sex. That deathmatch map that is based on an island just screams "FAR CRY"

Once XMP gets ported to UT2k4 (http://www.free-monkey.com/), my life will be complete.

MottZilla
06-01-2004, 12:10 AM
I need to get a new video card and UT2004. And more RAM. I soooo need money. :O

goKi
06-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Biggest problem with these mods are they are so big in file size. it would take me a week to download one of them!

Bloodstar64
06-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Biggest problem with these mods are they are so big in file size. it would take me a week to download one of them!

What are you on? Dialup? :eyebrow:

TedHead
06-01-2004, 10:47 PM
I feel nothing for you people but sorrow :(

I have Hi-Speed LITE, meaning I get a max of 15kb/s download, but I'm not using the phone line or anything and it's not much more than dial-up. So if there's anything big I wanna download, I can usually download a CD's worth in 4 hours.

MottZilla
06-04-2004, 02:40 AM
I wish I could get a connection like that TedHead. Unfortunately I'm still stuck with mooching free dial up.