PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Internet Problem

ZeldaFan001
05-27-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm really excited right now! I have just set up a wireless network in our own home and it rules!

However, I am having a few beginner problems and would like some help.

1. Every few minutes, my computer likes to cut itself off the network and asks me to log in again every few minutes. Is there a way to make the connection time longer?

2. I'm also trying to share files and folders with two computers, but am having no luck completing the Network Setup Wizard on our host computer to share files and printers.

Our host computer is Windows XP Professional and is connected directly thru the cable modem. My computer has Windows XP Home Edition and is connected thru the Internet wirelessly and is working fine. Anyone here have experience?

Pablo
05-27-2004, 04:33 PM
1. Try setting up security, I did and it did a world of good for mine.
2. I have that same problem, tell me if you figure something out ;)

vegeta1215
05-27-2004, 06:31 PM
You don't have a router or anything?

I haven't set our wireless network up yet, but what I plan to do is buy a Linksys wireless G router/4 port switch which will connect to the cable modem, plug a computer or two into the router via ethernet cable, and use a wireless network card in our laptop in the other part of the house which will get the signal from the router.

SixTen
05-27-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm afraid the best thing I can offer is a simple fact about wireless network connections. You can take your laptop into the bathroom and still go online. That is frickin' awesome. Before my laptop died, I made several posts from the loo.