PDA

View Full Version : Problem running ZC...

Penopat
05-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Aparrently, I try to load Zquest or ZC. Although it is sitting in my processes list, it doesn't seem to be running - it doesn't appear. Some time ago, other versions worked. I am using WINDOWS XP and I am a admin of the system. I am using the most current release (1.92 beta 183?).
Can anyone help me here?

*b*
05-26-2004, 11:20 PM
what do you mean 'it doesn't appear'? by all accounts, it should be working. maybe you need the latest alleg41.dll

Penopat
05-27-2004, 04:54 PM
It's as if it's not even there - the program isn't showing up at all, even though it's open. The only trace of it open is the process manager. So basicially, it won't run.

Freedom
05-27-2004, 05:15 PM
sure you have all the files?
I put it on my brothers XP machine and it did that because I forgot to put in the zelda txt file, you can look at allegro.log by double clicking on it, and it should tell you where it stops loading and what's missing.
you have to use the windows version with XP as well, XP doesn't support DOS

Penopat
05-27-2004, 07:24 PM
you can look at allegro.log by double clicking on it, and it should tell you where it stops loading and what's missing.

Hmm... It stops at intilaizing Allegro... I've downloaded the latest DLLs... How can I fix that?

*b*
05-27-2004, 08:09 PM
maybe you should re-install DirectX? I don't know if it matters, but, it's worth a shot

Freedom
05-27-2004, 09:08 PM
If you are sure you have all of the files, and you have the allegro41.dll that comes with it, then try to open zquest-w.exe and play a midi, then close it and try opening zelda-w.exe.
opening the zquest will allow the program to write you a ag.cfg file

I've found that you need to use the alleg41.dll that comes with the download, changing those for some reason stops the program from working, I have several and they are different sizes and seem to not be interchangeable, for instance the one I had with the 182 wouldn't work for the 183.
the alleg41.dll that I have with the 183 is 471 kb, the one I have for the 184 is 499 kb and they are not interchageable, why I have no idea.