PDA

View Full Version : Now i have more questions...

matrixfusion
05-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Warning - i am a complete n00b at Zquest, I'm just starting out :scared:

For my *secret* (ooooo) quest i'm working on now, I want a sword that makes you take damage. I was thinking only using it for puzzles, and hiding damage combos under the main layers where link has to stand and use it. So...

1. How do I modify the Magic Rod sprites? I don't want to get rid of the blast it uses, but I just want it to basically look different. (I'm using Pureset v2)

Also...

2. How would I go about making a boss similar to link? I guess i have to spoil it... :( i'm making dark link as the final boss. I understnad he won't have the *exact* attacks, but how can i get pretty close to making a dark link boss?

3. I don't want Triforce pieces, I want crystals. I know you can choose to only have 6 Triforce pieces, but how would you go about chaning things from then on?

I know they're a lot of questions :evil:
naw just playin
but i'd like it a lot if you could help me

Oh, and one more thing.

4. What the hell is a pit combo? Where do I find it?

LinktheMaster
05-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Okay. A lot to cover here.
1. To adjust the Magic Rod sprites, go to Quest->Graphics->Tiles. Find the tile you want to change. Hit 'edit' at the bottom. Use the colors, and shift through palettes using "+" amd "-" (it would be better to stick with the same palette as the magic rod started off with.

2. You can make custom bosses, or replace the tiles with an already made enemy, such as a deathnut. Custom bosses, are where you have screens with the boss shown your self. You then use flags and pits (I will explain these in 4) to go to another screen, in which something else happens.

3. Quest->Graphics->Map Styles You can adjust the triforce in which appears on the subscreen from here. You can also adjust the background for the area where these crystals appear. But, I'm sorry, they have to stay in a triangle pattern. (you can adjust the order in which they appear by going into Quest->Misc Data->Triforce Pieces. You can then go into Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Items. And find the Triforce item. Replace your tile and bam, your done with that.

4. Basically, a pit, when used with an insta-warp, will send you directly to another screen in the exact same location. If you do not have one, make a combo and set its type to pit.

Finally, if you have so many questions, I advise looking at a tutorial (check mine in my sig, it covers all of this stuff. But, hope I could help. ;)

Espo
05-27-2004, 07:51 AM
1. To adjust the Magic Rod sprites, go to Quest->Graphics->Tiles. Find the tile you want to change. Hit 'edit' at the bottom. Use the colors, and shift through palettes using "+" amd "-" (it would be better to stick with the same palette as the magic rod started off with.

You can also go to (i believe) Quest -> Graphics -> Sprites -> Weapons/Misc. (or some such similar path) and set the sprite for the magic wand. This is good because you arleady have sword tiles in your graphics pack and you can make the wand use one of these. You can also adjust the cset that this item will use when you select the tile for the wand by using + and -. You will need to set two sprites. One for as the sword (wand) appears when link both picks it up and it is in the inventory AND one for as the sword (wand) appears when link is using the wand onscreen.

Also, LinkTheMaster, not to be a jerk but each time you referred to pallette in your post what you really mean is cset (color set). These are different from pallettes and are explained quite well in the sticky post at the top of this forum.

matrixfusion
05-27-2004, 08:04 AM
okay, thanks so much, i know that it some things were in the tutorials, but your direct answers helped clarify things majorly. thanks again! and i'm working all summer on what i hope will be a very good quest, and if you want you guys can be beta testers.