PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Door Problem

mjctraider
05-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Ok I have no clue why it's not working, but here is the situation. I have a dungeon and I am trying to traverse up and down the different floors of the dungeon. The problem is that when I test my quest and go through the dungeon and go up or down the stairs I don't go where I'm suppose to. However in zquest when I select DATA and select either Tile Warp or Screen Warp to test my warps and hit GO instead of OK it goes to the screen I want the stairs or warp to go when Link walks onto the appropriate tile. What am I doing wrong here? I've tried almost all the different types of warps for example entrance/exit, scroll warp, instant warp, etc and nothing is working, I just keep going to a blank screen.

Freedom
05-26-2004, 08:19 PM
make sure your warp is completely filled in, dmap and all
make sure you dmap is completely filled out, level # and all
that type of warp would be a tile warp, not a side warp

mjctraider
05-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks I appreciate the help. Looks like I was using the wrong indicator for when he comes out of the warp. I believe I was using the blue indicator instead of the green or yellow indicator. I keep forgetting what each of them do. I know one of them is used for continuing when you die and another is for when exiting buildings and the third is for warping. Now I think I will have it under control and know which do what.

Freedom
05-26-2004, 08:50 PM
you probably should set both the green and blue to keep from having continue problems