PDA

View Full Version : Ok, bare with me

Mesakros
05-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Ok, there was a Kirby game a while back for 64, that had blocks that you had to use certain items on...i am trying the same effect for ZC, but every time i try to make a block that disappears when a sword hits it, i test it and it simply disappears when i enter the screen, can some one tell me what noob mistake i have done...and how to fix it?

Espo
05-24-2004, 07:25 AM
you need to use flags to do this. go to Tools -> Flags and select the sword flag (i don't remember which number it is). Place that flag on the combo (block) that you want to hit with your sword. then you have to set the secret combo. in the secret combo window you will see the word sword with four black boxes next to it. These boxes represent the four swords teh player can use. if you want any sword to be able to strike the block and cause a change then use the first black box (representing the wooden sword). click on it and choose the combo you want to replace the block when it is hit. if you want the white sword or above you the second black box and so on. you can also use more than one box if you want different swords to affect the block differently (aka have them create different combos). hope this helps

Mesakros
05-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Ok, that helps a little...i found what my mistake had been using the next tile...but a new problem has arisen...when i swipe one block, they all disappear. How can i stop that?

Freedom
05-26-2004, 12:07 PM
layered flags

JayeM
05-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Layered flags? Want to explain that one?

Why not just make a slashable block combo?

Mesakros
05-26-2004, 09:07 PM
I had already made it a slash combo....i just don't get it....unless i don't use a flag... is that what i'm doing wrong?

LinktheMaster
05-26-2004, 09:49 PM
When you use a slash combo. It goes to an undercombo, not the flag that is set on it. To set an undercombo, select the tile wanted to be under that certain item (in this case, a block). Go to Data->Undercombo. Hit 'Set'. Hope this helps. ;)