PDA

View Full Version : ZC... how broad is thing getting?

Red Afro
05-22-2004, 05:42 PM
I was surfing around, fallowing link pages when I found someone was basicly working on a Zelda classic like game based on Zedla 3 with quest editing and all. I don't know how that is going, and can't quite remember where I saw it, but this made me realize that Zelda Classic is really on the road to becoming a fully capable Zelda 3. I find this really cool, the idea that Zelda Classic could some day span the game play of Zelda 1 through Zedla 3 and far beyond. Maybe Zedla 2 too? Maybe not... normally I love Zelda games, but Zedla 2 was lacking something...

CJC
05-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Zelda 2's experience system stunk, but I liked the sidescreen play (Which was kind of revamped in the gameboy games, but it never was the same.)
While it would be cool to be able to click something and have the dmap use the Zelda 2 engine, it proably won't happen. So, best stick with features from the overhead games.

MottZilla
05-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Zelda Classic is a NES Legend of Zelda based game engine. It nowdays has lots of features, but it does not behave like Zelda 3. There are ALOT of things that would need to be changed to really make it like Zelda 3. There are many people however that have changed graphics to use Zelda 3 style graphics. There are some items and other elements that both ZC and Zelda 3 share. But when it comes down to it, ZC is NOT Zelda 3. If you want something like Zelda 3 and not Zelda 1, find OpenZelda. It's a customizable Zelda 3 engine. ZC is Zelda 1. :O

blopop
05-30-2004, 08:38 AM
So OpenZelda let's you customize quests?

DarkFlameWolf
05-30-2004, 09:22 AM
no, ZC lets you customize quests based on Zelda 1. OpenZelda lets you customize quests based on Link to the Past.

Red Afro
06-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Ok, so just out of curiousity, why do you (anyone who loves ZC) dedicated to ZC rather than OpenZelda (which I haven't played yet, and in fact have just found the web site for)? Do you find it harder to use, less nastalgic, or do you just have more time and energy invested in ZC, a kind of 1st commers devotion? Or whatever?

LinktheMaster
06-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Open Zelda requires people to learn its code. I've personally never tried it. I would probably prefer ZC's windows anyway. ;)