PDA

View Full Version : A very easy way to make flawless treasure chests

Jigglysaint
05-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Okay, almost flawless. I'm posting it here because the first thing I want to know about it, is if it's easily implmentable using current ZC engine capabilities(without adding new code). Basically, the chest would work as being a modified lock block. There would be a combo called chest, that would trigger if you push against it. It could come in 3 varieties: normal, locked, and boss locked. The basis of the chest, is that the chest part, when pushed against, will trigger the lock block flag(if item flag could work instead, it would be preferred), and the chest would be opened. At the same time, an item will appear that's dependant upon Link's current position, in such a manner that it's automanically grabbed. The chest data would read from the special item room data, but it would require no flag to set up. Basically, you go, push against the chest, and you get the item. While the current system is okay, it looks rather unprofessional, and also limits your placements of the tiles. Also there's the problem that chests appear unopened, even if you get the contents. Also, this method would allow for easier implementation of big chests from LTTP. It would require no layers, which makes for a cleaner implementation.

Anyway, why I am writing this, since I know there's not going to be any updates untill a new ZC, but I just wanted to see if this idea is feesable using the current model

*b*
05-22-2004, 02:26 PM
so, you just push against it (assuming you have the nessecary keys), and get the item? sounds cool. I think it could be better if, after you push against the chest and it opens, the item inside appears for a brief moment above the chest, then moves to Link's position and he holds it up, like Link's Awakening and LTTP

Jigglysaint
05-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Well there's one combo that would trigger even if you don't have a key, but ya, basically. I don't think it would work like it does in the other Zelda games, not without some serious changes. Of course what you could do is change the graphics so link doesn't do the hold up graphic when you get an item. Don't forget that when using flag 10, all items are the hand hold up graphic, so it would still work.