PDA

View Full Version : Rain...

AtmaWeapon
05-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Last week I moved back to Mississippi from Tennessee (I think I like states with lots of double letters). Of the 6 days I've been here, it's rained 4 of them. I was so happy.

See, I really like rain, but the part of TN I was in is apparently too close to the mountains to get a lot of rain. In 16 weeks, it rained twice and snowed once. It was kind of a downer, because I really like thunderstorms and nothing gets me to sleep faster than the comforting drone of rain on the roof. Here in MS, we get hit with a thunderstorm weekly so I'm back to happy days again.

Do you like rain?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Maybe

Master Ghaleon
05-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Do you like rain?
[x] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Maybe

I love rain, the sound just puts me to sleep. Pretty much as does thunder storms.

Hennerfeind
05-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Do you like rain?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Maybe
[x] Every Once in awhile

I live in ohio and it seems like it has rained every day this month:(. Not that i don't like rain, I like it every once in awhile because it is very calming. but, I just love sunny days :cool:

Pangolin
05-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Ditto, HF.
Being English I expect the weather to be equal that of Madagascar, so I'm not the rainy type. But after a really humid day, I love it.

fatcatfan
05-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Move to Cookeville. It's the Seattle of TN.

ShadowTiger
05-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Rain - God watering our plants for us.
Rain - Finally, some real puddles to splash in! ... No more filling the kitchen sink for me. :D (Heh. J/K. .. Interesting Imagery though. :shy: )
Rain - Walking home from school in the rain is more beautiful than anything you could ever imagine.

It's only water. You take showers in the stuff.
People who can't appreciate its good nature need to learn to relax! ^_^

deathbyhokie
05-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Move to Cookeville. It's the Seattle of TN.

or the other side of the mountains in blacksburg

personally, i love rain. it's been raining a good bit around here, mostly heat thunderstorms due to how hot it's been.

gdorf
05-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I love rain, but what can I say? I live in Western Washington. ;)

Gerudo
05-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Do you like rain?
[x] Hell Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Maybe

as a matter of fact, its thunderstormed last night... the sky was lit up at least once every 3 - 5 seconds... it was pretty cool :D

I am Link
05-21-2004, 05:10 PM
I don't like rain. I think it is annoying

VEL
05-21-2004, 05:38 PM
It depends on what I'm planning on doing. I don't like it if it rains too hard when I'm driving, since it makes it hard to see. I also don't like it when the roads are wet at night since it makes it harder to see the lines.

JayeM
05-21-2004, 06:49 PM
I love rain, but it's been going overboard here lately. Half of my yard is wade-able. Yeah, VEL, I had to drive 30 miles in it at night a few days ago, not fun.

aces2022
05-21-2004, 07:44 PM
I like the rain except when i have to play sports. Like football and baseball. It sucks to be slipping ansliding all over the place when your trying to catch the ball.

Archibaldo
05-21-2004, 09:18 PM
I like the thought of me being in my house all warm and cozy when its raining. It puts me to sleep faster.

moocow
05-22-2004, 12:02 AM
I love rain. We had an awesome storm tonight, tornado warnings and such. Though the thought of a tornado is a scary one, the storm was awesome. I got a few pictures of the rainbow from afterwards, I'll have to upload them.

Glitch
05-22-2004, 12:18 AM
I love rain. We had an awesome storm tonight, tornado warnings and such. Though the thought of a tornado is a scary one, the storm was awesome. I got a few pictures of the rainbow from afterwards, I'll have to upload them.

I thought we were gonna have a tornado right in our backyard. After the quarter size hail started falling tornado warnings started poping up...

SixTen
05-22-2004, 12:18 AM
Ahh rain. It washes away the sad memories from the sidewalk of life.

I love the rain. Especially when it's torrential with no visibility.

Ganon's Minion
05-22-2004, 12:49 AM
I like the rain when the sun is shining too brightly and I'm super hot, I like to be drizzled on. And I like the blazing sun when I'm chilly in the rain. :D

Samson007
05-22-2004, 12:50 AM
I only like the rain when its not during something I wanted to do that day. If its at night and im already inside, i love to watch the thunderstorms, its been raining for a while here in Wisconsin.

SixTen
05-22-2004, 12:55 AM
I only don't like the rain when I want to go sailing. The rain usually means winds of 10 - 15 knots, instead of my 'comfort zone' of 8 - 10 knots.

For those of you who don't know the lingo, 10 knots is about 12 MPH. A decent speed on a 10 foot dinghy.

EDIT
And I forgot about that whole lightning thing when it rains. :shrug: