PDA

View Full Version : Linking fortune/misery to fortunes

Blonde799
05-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I seem to have gotten a lot of fortune cookies over the years, and I'm left with nothing but two/three fortunes from them now, for some reason. Guess I lost the other 20+.:p

But, they seem to be related to current/future events in my life(the few fortunes that I have left). Here's an example.

"Be prepared for a sudden, needed, and happy change in plans!"
Translation:
Part of my apartment was flooded, the lease is broken so I can move anytime I want, I had a large discussion with my brother about where to move next, and it's back to my home town, and I have moving plans this week. W00. BTW, this all happened in a period of two days(it'd be one, but the flood happened yesterday). Very sudden if I do say so myself. It's only needed because we're getting an extra room for sis, and I don't see too much happiness. Maybe it's because Burger King would be a few minutes away? Who knows.

"You are almost there."
This would be totally humorous if I was masturbating while thinking about this fortune.:D
Translation:
Umm....maybe it's because I'm moving back to Belleville? I like the city. Nice and quiet in most residential areas(but you need to pick your spots, or you might end up in an uncomfortable place). And I can usually walk the streets safely, as the police patrol a lot. I might be able to get a decent part-time job, that'd be great. Don't know what else.:shrug:

So, anyone else got any fortunes that make the least bit of sense in their lives?

Menokh
05-19-2004, 09:03 PM
I don't have any fortunes saved. Neither do most of my friends.
But once my friend, on the first night I actually met him, got a fortune that said:
A lifetime of happiness is sitting in front of you.

Guess what? I was sitting in front of him. We got a good laugh at that one. But a month and a half later, it seems true. We are very close friends. I think about that fortune and wonder if it was just a coincidence, why did he get that one on that night?

As far as other fortunes applying to my life, I don't remember, I read them and throw them out. I never give myself the chance to look back on them and see if they were right.

Blonde799
05-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Yeah, that does seem weird huh? I guess I believe more in unseen forces. There was this one time I had an astrological reading done for me. I was surprised(and also frightened) at what was in it. It's like this person read my mind or something. I'd probably give it a try nowadays, but I'm too afraid of the future.:p

Rainman
05-19-2004, 10:28 PM
But, they seem to be related to current/future events in my life(the few fortunes that I have left). Here's an example.

Probably because they are all general enough that if you work it enough you can make it fit your life. I've read horoscopes for signs that aren't mine and applied them even better to my day. Heck, most of them are just good advice anyways.

SixTen
05-19-2004, 10:31 PM
*Opens cookie:
"Your best days are behind you."

no, not really.

Once I got one that said: "Good news will come from far away." Then my mom called me from across the country to tell me some good news. I forget exactly what it was.