PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Game

Cloral
05-19-2004, 03:08 AM
Did anyone happen to see the perfect game Randy Johnson threw today? I saw the highlights on sports center. Its pretty amazing to think that its only ever been done 17 times.

Toolie
05-19-2004, 04:16 AM
Randy Johnson is a sick man. The perfect game rounds out his career nicely, and goes to show that even the old players can still pull off a bit of magic once in a while. I kept flipping between that and the Mets win over the Cardinals.

Speaking of the Mets, they're a damn underrated team. They just faired quite well against a crazy road trip, with wins against Clemens, Webb, and Randy Johnson himself among others. Floyd is back from the DL and some big bats are starting to warm up. Even though they're 1 game from breaking .500, they're only 2.5 games from the top of the NL East. If they can keep the momentum up from that road trip for the next week or so (which they're doing well.. they've won 10 of their last 15), then I think there's going to be more than one serious and strong team to contend with from New York.

Hickman
05-19-2004, 04:24 AM
dude football is where its at but if base balls your thing then so be it. No i didnt see it but its gotta be cool

phattonez
05-19-2004, 09:44 AM
It is amazing, but it doesn't matter because the team is still in last place and is 7.5 games back behind the streaking Dodgers. Jason Schmidt of the Giants threw a 1 - hitter and his team is in 4th place 7 games back. I'll congratulate them both, but they still have no chance in their divisions.

Riku
05-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Thats pretty cool.

gdorf
05-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Thats amazing, he is one helluva pitcher. Has anyone seen the movie clip where he hit a bird in midair with a pitch? It was incredible, the disentigrated into a cloud of feathers. Very cool. :thumbsup:

Zelda
05-19-2004, 10:58 PM
lol yes the bird incident was pretty funny..

It is amazing, but it doesn't matter because the team is still in last place and is 7.5 games back behind the streaking Dodgers yea i hate it when awsome players are on terrible teams... oh well... not much hope of a good trade seeing as hes already 40 and doesnt have too many years left

phattonez
05-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Still, it is a great feat and I can't wait for the day when he goes into the Hall of Fame as one of the greatest left-handed pitchers ever.

Master Ghaleon
05-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Yea, It was pretty cool when he got the complete game. All the braves fans were cheering also for him

Samson007
05-20-2004, 05:12 PM
I saw it. Its only been done like 16 times in the past too. Amazing. Especially for a guy who is getting up there in age.

Goat
05-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Man, you guys keep talkign about age as a factor. Ya, Johnson is 40, but look what he's still doing. Also, the best pitcher without a doubt right now is Roger Clemens, he's 41, out of retirement, 7 wins, 0 losses, and a MLB leading 1.72. In fact Johnson is the 2nd ranked pitcher in baseball right now. Like I said, age isn't a factor

Starkist
05-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Too bad the Mariners let Randy go, he has had his best years in Arizona.

Phattonez - I predict the Dodgers will miss the playoffs. You heard it here first.

phattonez
05-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Starkist, I will agree with you if they keep playing like they are playing now. Hopefully they will get out of this slump and play like they did before. But, seeings as how the NL West is a very weak division, who do you think will overtake them if they keep playing like this?