PDA

View Full Version : GBA and RCR

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Ya know, when the GBA fisrt came out, I thought it was another in a long line of handhelds. Just a new version with some new colors. But then they started releasing the old school classics on the GBA.

THen, to make things even cooler, The GBA SP. I mean, wow, everythign I've ever wanted in a hand held.

But, to make the cake, today I read in my GI that they are releasing one of my all time favorites onto the GBA: RIver CIty Ransom. W00t!

Kairyu
05-18-2004, 03:04 PM
That bit of info has actually been around (If you actively searched for it...) for quite a while now, really. I think it's even a month or so past the origional release date. So, that wasn't news to me, really, but...

I just wish they had opted to use the graphical style in "Shin Nekketsu Kunio: Tachi no Banka" or whatever it's called. It was a Super Famicom Kunio/Riki game which didn't have RPG elements, but was long, fun, and had excellent difficulty. Some group a while back released a translation patch...

Gerudo
05-18-2004, 03:41 PM
apparently the correct title that you are looking for, Kairyu, is Shin Nekketsu Kouha ~ Kunio-tachi no Banka :)

i played RCR a couple times, the graphical style, i liked very much.

King
05-18-2004, 04:55 PM
GameSpot has videos of the new RCR. I suggest you all check them out.

I love the game magazine in the game. "RCR is delayed again?!" :laughing:

aces2022
05-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Ya i have known about it. It is awesome i played it. wa-CHA kung-FU :D

MottZilla
05-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Um, you might want to know, the GBA has much more memory, a much better cpu (ARM 32bit), larger address space for carts. I.E. bigger games. Mode 7 capability, multipule background planes. Bitmaps video modes. AlphaBlending.

Quite the improvement over the GameBoy Color.

sivart0
05-19-2004, 03:33 PM
the GBA is a 32 bit system. for you idiots out there that means 32000 colors at once! (SWEET!) :p

AlexMax
05-19-2004, 03:52 PM
the GBA is a 32 bit system. for you idiots out there that means 32000 colors at once! (SWEET!) :p

What? Last I checked, 32 bits meant dealing with words which were 4 byes long, or maybe using a 32 bit wide databus, and had nothing to do with colors. (Actually, it does, but I don't think that the GBA has a 32-bit palette, unless I'm mistaken...)

Heck, I bet I could use an older pentium that has ISA slots (but is still technically a 32-bit machine) with an ISA monochrome display adapter, just to prove that even 32 bit consoles can have cruddy graphics. And let's not forget Virtual Boy, I think that was a 32 bits system as well, and only displayed the color red.

In conclusion, 32-bit means that you have a 32-bit chip in your comptuer (The dreamcast was actually 64-bit for the majority of its system, only the GPU was 128 bit as it was advertised or widely thought to be at the time) Nothing more.

vegeta1215
05-19-2004, 05:38 PM
I played RCR before. It's cool cause it has all those different characters, but really it's just a Double Dragon clone. I like World Cup better - it also has those characters and there is no other soccer game on the NES where you can beat up your opponents until they can no longer get up :D

King
05-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Double Dragon clone?? Double Dragon wishes it was RCR.