PDA

View Full Version : It's Here! Ganonator's E³ Review!!11

Ganonator
05-18-2004, 04:08 AM
Okie, Dokie... I had some time to sort everything out, and all I can say is that I wish I had more pictures and movies to show everybody. E³ was a complete blast, and if I can work it, I'll get everybody in next year ;)

To start out, the show was a terrific success -> 60k people attended, 700+ companies, and more than enough swag to keep even the hardcore fanboys at bay. Add a few greasy vendors, and you have yourself the SuperBowl of gaming conventions.

To start out, here's some instructions if you ever go to E³:

1) Walk up to the convention center and find the guy handing out free lap dance coupons. These are good for pretending you give a shit about nasty women before even seeing the incredibly beautiful ones inside.

2) After you walk in, grab a bag. Preferably the biggest one you can find. And one with sturdy handles. The first day, I got an Xbox one, and it worked stellar.

3) Go to the main exhibit hall and just go into a deep stare at everything at the show.

4) Walk up to every booth in that exhibit hall and get something from them - a magazine, a keychain, a product catalog, a shirt, etc.

5) Put these in the bag.

6) After you have 25lbs. of "swag", throw the bag on your shoulder, and start playing demos, watching movies, and checking out the women.

7) Now that you've been to the first hall, go pay $9 for a small sandwich and a drink.

8) Go to the next hall, wash, rinse, and repeat.

Seriously though, it was insane. Every company tried to outdo the next, and it was a big headache for the people like me who don't like lots of noise and lights. The convention was the only place like it in the world: every company had 5000 giant speakers hooked up to different input, and blared at high volume. you might complain that it's hard to hear on my videos - well, i couldn't hear shit after the first day. It was fun.

To check out my media, go here!! http://www.thedpshack.com/e3/.

Opera doesn't do the movies on some computers, so don't bitch about it. What I ask you to do if you'd like to comment on one shot or another, is hit the FULL button, copy the URL, and post it here for easy viewing!

If you have questions, just ask. I'll supply comments as the week goes on!

Bloodstar64
05-18-2004, 04:26 AM
Dude, Nice shit! Wish I could have gone -_-

EDIT: DUDE. Thats fucking Sweet. Formations on TFS..

*b*
05-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords (nice shots, man!)

Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords Four Swords (take me next year!!)

Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS Nintendo DS (those movies are great too)

Four Swords (great site. I'm gonna be drooling over that FSA movie untill it comes out :p)

Pangolin
05-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Four swords sounds boring.
I want to see the new zelda and *gasp* any news on Skies of Arcadia 2.

theplustwo
05-18-2004, 01:12 PM
Paper Mario 2 looks pretty sweet. :cool:

Also, yes, four swords. :)

Ganonator
05-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Paper Mario 2 was pretty much just an extension of the first one with prettier graphics. I didn't find it as stunning as others said it should be :shrugs:

And all of you who are drooling for Z:FSA, I was impressed by the connectivitiy. One of the scenarios was a horse race, where you went in and our of tall brush. It was a little confusing to note where to look to guide your horse, but I had a heck of a good time doing it.

Gerudo
05-18-2004, 03:54 PM
nice vids, Russ ;) i liked the "Gauntlet", lmao

anyways, that 100 Bullets game and the RTS/Pinball hybrid thing looked pretty sweet as welll :D

Rijuhn
05-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Wow, these are some great videos of E3. I definately have a better understanding of a few games and of the atmosphere at E3. It looks like the local vendors were making some bucks out there too. Can't wait for more movies.

Pablo
05-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Care to mail me some swag? ;)

AlexMax
05-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Movies don't work for me in IE either... :(

slef
05-18-2004, 11:05 PM
in the pictures you mentioned blizzard stuff. did you see anything for starcraft ghost?

Rainman
05-18-2004, 11:07 PM
You went to E3. Yeah right. Where's the proof? I want photographic proof.

Ganonator
05-19-2004, 12:49 AM
SC:Ghost looked pretty good, although I probably won't buy it. It was a standard 3rd person shooter, and the physics felt like metal gear solid 2.

proof - w/ crazy girl
http://www.thedpshack.com/e3/44.jpg

theplustwo
05-19-2004, 12:55 AM
You went to E3. Yeah right. Where's the proof? I want photographic proof.Ok don't try going to the link he posted of images and videos that would be INSANE.

DsS Game
05-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Damn those are some nice vids. I wish u coulda taken some shots of Tekken 5 tho. -.-