PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2

idontknow
05-15-2004, 01:54 PM
What are your thoughts on the Final Fantasy X-2 Game? I have mixed feelings about it. The gameplay was ok but the story sucked compared to Final Fantasy X.

While the timed-based battle mode seems a little more realistic and adds a challenge to the game, it can certainly be frustrating.

I do very much like the idea of having different dresspheres with different abilities and such. However, I think the game woulda been better if you could play as at least one or two more characters too, so that you could switch characters in & outta battle using R1.

Lastly, I was very much disappointed with the ending cuz the cut scenes weren't all that spectacular and the boss battles were exteremely easy! I found the boss in one of the missions (the one in Bikanel Island in the desert) to be much harder than Vegnagun. I had all 3 girls at like level 60 something and didn't even have several of the dresspheres (like Alchamest, trainer, or mascot) and the bosses were still way too easy!

King
05-16-2004, 11:38 AM
FFX-2 is FFX's MGS2. I didn't care for the Charlie's Angels theme...it got annoying fast. Music wasn't so hot, either. The Dresspheres and combat was OK; it was just FF5 with Job-switching during battles. X-2 has the best version of the ATB system, though.

Lastly, I was very much disappointed with the ending cuz the cut scenes weren't all that spectacular and the boss battles were exteremely easy! I found the boss in one of the missions (the one in Bikanel Island in the desert) to be much harder than Vegnagun. I had all 3 girls at like level 60 something and didn't even have several of the dresspheres (like Alchamest, trainer, or mascot) and the bosses were still way too easy!

Square Enix has this annoying habit of making the difficult battles be optional. In Xenosaga, I tried hard to stay alive against those Gnosis with the tridents (I beat them eventually). I haven't died like that in an RPG for a while...challenging RPGs aren't developed by Square anymore.

Dark Knight
05-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Well, if the bosses weren't challenging enough for you, maybe you should try fighting Vegnagun at only level 35. Believe me, that makes the fight about 10x's harder, but it is possible to beat him at that level. Or maybe you should try Via Infinito, 100 floors of some of the strongest monsters in the game...there is even a boss at the very end that has 999,999 HP and can kill you very quickly even at level 99.

Bloodstar64
05-16-2004, 03:53 PM
The only thing I hated about FFX-2 was its music. I couldn't stand it.

Dark Knight
05-16-2004, 04:01 PM
The only good music I heard in the game was the one that plays when fighting the aeons(Valifor-Magus Sisters).