PDA

View Full Version : Freudian Slips

SixTen
05-15-2004, 12:27 AM
So, Freudian Slips...

Do you do them often? What was the most embarrasing? Post some examples.

I have had nothing major. Once I called my teacher 'mom' once. I'm sure I've replaced sex with something or other. More as I remember, it is kinda late right now.

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-15-2004, 12:48 AM
I work in a Deli, and we're a little understaffed right now. So occasionally, I'll accidentally call a woman "Sir", or a man "Ma'am". I also accidentally flat out called a woman in her mid 50's "old". Quite embarrassing.

SixTen
05-15-2004, 12:56 AM
I read about one, it goes:

Meant to say - Please pass the salt.
Actually said - You're ruining my life you fucking bitch!!

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-15-2004, 01:00 AM
As funny as that is, I find it incredibly hard to believe that it actually happened.

Jemsee
05-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Freudian Slip
A priest is sitting in a pew with a very worried and nervous look. The second priest thought he should try to help, so he approached his distraught associate and asked him what was wrong.
"Well" the first priest said, "have you ever heard of a Freudian Slip?"
"No," said the other.
"Well" said the first, "it's when one slips and says something one is thinking usually when it is the least opportune time."
"Oh," said the third, "so, what happened."
"Well, today I performed a wedding, and you know the part when you say 'I now pronounce you man and wife'?" asked the
first.
"Yes?" said the second.
"Well that is what I meant to say, and what I actually said was, "I now sentence you to death."
----------------------------------------Stolen from somewhere off the World Wide Web------------------------------------------

On a personal note, I remember once trying to say to a well endowed friend that she made the best chicken ever.
Best and brest kind of got mixed up.

Rainman
05-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Aren't freudian slips supposed to be sexual? I thought the theory behind it was thatwe are always thinking about sex. :P

Gerudo
05-15-2004, 08:52 AM
Freudian Slip
"Well" said the first, "it's when one slips and says something one is thinking usually when it is the least opportune time."
this happens all the time to me :/

i am always calling someone sir or ma'am, and they are the opposite...

SixTen
05-15-2004, 10:25 AM
As funny as that is, I find it incredibly hard to believe that it actually happened.
Obviously. The person would have to be completely out of it to say something like that. Still funny though.

Rijuhn
05-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Freud was molested by his mother, that is why he attribute everything to sex in some way.

Archibaldo
05-15-2004, 12:46 PM
I once called my L.A. teacher miss and he said, David, I have a penis and I pee standing up do I look like a woman?

theplustwo
05-16-2004, 01:28 AM
Freud was insane. :thumbsup:

Cocain for everybody! :cool:

ercassam
05-16-2004, 05:52 AM
A freudian slip. It's when you say one thing but really mean a mother.

huh I don't pay enough attention to what I say.
I think freud was an idiot though

SixTen: Where did you read that? I've heard/read it before.

SixTen
05-16-2004, 08:29 AM
I forget where I heard it. It was online somewhere.

theplustwo
05-16-2004, 09:09 AM
A freudian slip. It's when you say one thing but really mean a mother.Don't think we didn't catch that. :)

And I don't really think Freud was an idiot, but he basically theorized that everyone wants to have sex with their mothers, but while that may be true in his case, certainly does not apply to every male person.

J.J. Maxx
05-16-2004, 10:04 AM
This winter I said my 'froze was nosen'

Does that count?

theplustwo
05-16-2004, 10:07 AM
This winter I said my 'froze was nosen'

Does that count?I think that falls more into the realm of "brain fart" than Freudian Slip since it doesn't mean anything. :)

J.J. Maxx
05-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Time for DEFINITION!

Freudian Slip - a slip-up that (according to Sigmund Freud) results from the operation of unconscious wishes or conflicts and can reveal unconscious processes in normal healthy individuals.

There ya go.