PDA

View Full Version : Rent a what?

aces2022
05-14-2004, 08:46 AM
What is a Rent-a-Mod?

Menokh
05-14-2004, 08:54 AM
A rent-a-mod is someone who habitually takes it upon themselves to tell other members that they are breaking the rules. Once in awhile it is fine to remind newbies that they might not be doing things right, but if done frequently it can get very annoying.

ShadowTiger
05-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Indeed. And remember, Moderators and above are there for a reason. ;) You needn't attract attention to yourself just because someone else is doing something wrong. It just makes you look like you're trying to get on a staff member's good side. That's called sucking up. Needn't do that now. ;)

Have faith in the moderators. The vast majority of them were carefully chosen, and perform their job quite well.

goKi
05-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Along with everything else mentioned above (thanks guys :) ), rather than publically shout at them, use the report post feature (the little '!' button on the top of each post). I love to get new Emails from the AGN Automailer :)

Jemsee
05-14-2004, 10:34 AM
What is a Rent-a-Mod?

EXAMPLE

Should not this post be in the new members forum?
Please in the future ask questions of this type there, that is WHAT THAT FORUM IS FOR!
I hope a moderator moves it there, sheesh.

END EXAMPLE

Actually there is vary little that can not be posted in GD.
But there have been a few members who can and do get this nit-picky.
R-A-Ming can come in many forms some blatantly and some subtle.
Rule of thumb: post about a topic - not how the topic was posted.
;)

Riku
05-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Exactly. It is the most annoying thing in the world.

theplustwo
05-14-2004, 11:03 AM
It just makes you look like you're trying to get on a staff member's good side. That's called sucking up. Needn't do that now. ;)Okey I will keep that in mind. :thumbsup:

ShadowTiger
05-14-2004, 11:07 AM
.. O_O .. Er... lesson.. learned? :confused: .. Was that a hint? :p .. Regardless, now that it was mentioned, I suppose it could act as a nice little reminder for everyone, myself included.

Goki, you like getting those little mails? :p .. Lucky. :laughing: *Goes to use them more.* Are they anonymous? Or do they have the sender's name in them? .. I assume they do.

Jigglysaint
05-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Of course sometimes people try and remind others about the rules as a percaution, that is, before they face the mods. On the other hand, nobody who isn't a mod is suited to be going around enforcing the rules. A good organization is one that is built on respect for authority, of any branch. It's no surprise that most of the attacks AGN gets are focused on that authority.

Hickman
05-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Exactly. It is the most annoying thing in the world.

Like Glenn the Great hes realy annoying