PDA

View Full Version : Where do you work?

SixTen
05-13-2004, 12:27 PM
What do you all do for a living?

I work at a deli where I cook sandwiches and make soups etc. Occaisionally I have to wash dishes, but not that much. It's fun to see all the waitresses get stressed out when I put all their orders up at once, sometimes each will have two or three up at the same time. I've had some crazy times there. The craziest of which was posted in the 'Stupid stuff you did when you were younger' Thread.

And that's what I do.

theplustwo
05-13-2004, 12:29 PM
After today I should be working at a gas station making nine dollars an hour. :)

Menokh
05-13-2004, 12:34 PM
You make more at a gas station than I do at U-haul?!
Ugh.
Yep, I work at U-haul. It's a job, about all I can say. I get lots of angry customers who seem to have nothing better to do then complain about an aging truck thatacts like an aging truck and make my day miserable. I also have to clean these god forsaken trucks before they are rented again, you have no idea what people do to these things. And add to that the corporate office that hasn't had to deal with customers in person in years telling us how to do so. And for all of this hell I get a whole $8.50 per hour, though I am due for a raise.

Gerudo
05-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Menokh, i am actually more surprised that he's making almost as much as i do on night shift =o

i work at a Ramada chain doing night shift, making 9.25/hr. i as well am due for a raise, people have been hired over me, making more than me, get more hours than i do, and i have been there much longer... yknow, i'd think something's not right o_O

skidphyzz
05-13-2004, 05:46 PM
I work at WOODMAN's grocery store as a bagger for $7.00 an hour, I've only worked three days so far but I got my first check (ever from any job) today it's pretty see!

deathofspam
05-13-2004, 05:53 PM
DiBella's Old Fashioned Subs. I mostly run the cash registers at my store, and I make 7.00 an hour

SixTen
05-13-2004, 10:37 PM
You people do nothing and get like 7 - 9 bucks an hour! I get paid 7 an hour and have to cook through insane and confusing lunch and dinner rushes. I know it's ironic, but it is literally hell when we have to cook for the church groups on Sunday.

Hennerfeind
05-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I work in a pharmacy making $8.50, and wasnt there a thread about jobs not to long ago?
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80099

SixTen
05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Whoa, can't belive I missed that. Sorry for repeating topics.

Ares[K!]
05-13-2004, 11:03 PM
I work produce at a grocery store, making $8.25/hr part time. I get 40/hrs a week, when I don't decide to leave early =)
I should be going full time in the next 30-45 days, then I'll be making $9.44/hr. After 6 months of that I'll get a raise to $10/hr.

Gonna try to start posting more now =)