PDA

View Full Version : My rag

Dechipher
05-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Get your mind out of the gutters...
http://angelfire.com/music5/jandl/jaymz/Rag.mid

That's a ragtime Xylophone solo I wrote today. It's not great (else I wouldn't be posting it here,) but it's my first work. So critique I guess. There's like two parts where I've written in some accompiament, but remember that all that blank space would be the marimba quartet behind them, but I've not gotten to arrange those parts yet. But the solo is completely original, written today.

Suggestions are welcome of course, I just wanted to give off a different air than the video game music and the hard rock stuff I usually write.

theplustwo
05-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Ok I have heard people refer to magazines or newspapers as "rags" but I don't think either of those would be considered as "gutter-minded."

Dechipher
05-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Well that's you...I think the general populace might not be so lucky...Or maybe so.

moocow
05-12-2004, 09:41 PM
It's not really gutter-minded, it's more... gross minded. When I saw, "My rag" I thought, "I thought he was a male!?"

Dechipher
05-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Heh...with these boards, you never can tell...

Now. About the music.

theplustwo
05-12-2004, 09:58 PM
It's not really gutter-minded, it's more... gross minded. When I saw, "My rag" I thought, "I thought he was a male!?"
okay i figured that was what it meant but this is the first time i heard the word rag used that way.

thanks agn! :thumbsup:

Dechipher
05-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Do you guys have any questions or comments or whatnot? Do you even know what arag time is? Until I started playing them I didn't know, so that's why I ask.