PDA

View Full Version : A Creative Chemistry Test

Starkist
05-12-2004, 06:51 PM
It's a lot of large images, so dial-ip users, beware.

http://www.enzine.cyborgcow.net/exam/

phattonez
05-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Wow, why wasn't he getting marked off at the beginning?

AlexMax
05-12-2004, 07:46 PM
I CANNOT CONTAIN THEM ANY LONGER!!!
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5950/more_funny.jpg

I'll give him a C for effort, but I saw nothing totally off base. What better way to answer a question than by drawing a duck with a top hat?

slothman
05-12-2004, 09:20 PM
I wish I knew the real answers. Now I am going to be up all night figuring out what KMnO4 and NaI will form. The answers aren't that funny though. A couple like "Jame Bond" were interesting. Did he ever get to take the test again with real answers?

AtmaWeapon
05-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Bah. I know a kid that did all his English essays with that kind of attitude, he'd always find some way to twist the topic into "<Author> is a horrible author and <book> was not worth my time", then he'd get pissed because the teacher didn't think it was clever. Funny thing, this man who once said he hated all English teachers is in Budapest right now teaching English as a second language LOL. Oh it was moderately funny, by the way.

One time in Discrete Math I decided to liven up my professor. See, he is an immigrant from Bangladesh (smart cookie... speaks English better than most 3rd-generation immigrants) and I guess they have a different sense of humor over there because I almost never saw him laugh. So when he came in with the stack of exams I said to him, "Oh, I didn't know there was an exam today, I thought the email said 'free pizza in class today'". No real response, he smiled a little bit but I don't know if he really understood I was joking. Anyway, I finished the test pretty quickly because I liked the subject and it was the first (easiest) exam. Since no one else had finished, I decided to draw a pizza on the front page with the text "MMMMMM PIZZA" above it. I got up, turned the paper in, and left.

When we got our papers back, I first noticed the grade: 95 (kickin!). Then I looked to see his response to the pizza. What I saw was "-10" crossed out and the message "Do you think it is appropriate to draw pizza on your exam? I hope you will not do this again."

What I think happened was he saw the pizza before grading my paper and assumed I had finished so quickly because I either left most of the test blank or I guessed answers. So he decided to stick it to me for being a slacker by taking points off for the pizza. Then, he graded the exam and found that I finished quickly because I knew the material very well. I guess at this point he decided it wouldn't be fair to dock that many points for the pizza since I wasn't a total goof-off, so he just left a warning. :laughing: