PDA

View Full Version : Jobhunting

Cloral
05-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Well, now that I'm graduating I need to get a job. On monday I interviewed with Novacoast, a tech company based here in SB. Today I heard back that I didn't get the job. I really didn't expect that I would considering that they were interviewing 12 other people and there were only 2 spots. So now its off to the resume blitz. Anyone who's hiring is getting my resume. I know this generally doesn't produce a heck of a lot of responces, but I need a job and don't have a whole lot of other options at the moment.

Menokh
05-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Good jobs in California?
From what I hear, you'll need lots of luck and persistence there.
Good luck job hunting.

goKi
05-12-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm also having alot of trouble finding a job. Noone around here wants to hire!

cyberkitten
05-12-2004, 10:54 AM
i have a simple solution. everybody move to ohio with me! there's a crapload of jobs out here, plus we'd get to see each other all the time. and we'd all be near whorelord.
*drool*

inori
05-12-2004, 11:50 AM
i have a simple solution. everybody move to ohio with me! there's a crapload of jobs out here, plus we'd get to see each other all the time. and we'd all be near whorelord.
*drool*

Crapload of jobs? What sort of jobs are we talking here? It's been a while since I've heard anyone mention a "crapload of jobs". I guess if there are actually a crapload of jobs, that's a good sign. :kawaii:

Cloral
05-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Yes - where might this crapload of jobs be? Everyone tells me the job market sucks right now. Anywhere's better than Utah, which is where I'll be going this summer if I don't find a job (its where my parents moved this last year). On a plus note, I did learn a few things to do and not do. For one, I need to discuss my HTTP project at every interview - I actually managed to elict a 'cool!' from one of the 6 interviewers when I described it.

On a side note, I found out last night that my friend actually got one of the 2 positions there. He had the experience edge. And I'm sure the fact that he's at E3 right now helped out too.