PDA

View Full Version : Picked up sonic mega collection

Jakq
05-09-2004, 09:31 PM
and i only have one problem with it
i have to load games freaking 20 to 30 times a piece to get more games!

tenchiman
05-20-2004, 06:37 PM
That's almost as bad as aces2022 deleating his Super Smash Bros.

vegeta1215
05-20-2004, 09:16 PM
It didn't take me long to unlock Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I just played through Sonic 3, saving each time I finished an area. By the time I beat Sonic 3, I had loaded it about 14 times, so I only had to load 6 more times to get Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I finally beat Sonic 3 and Knuckles today - I've been on the Death Egg level for a few days. I kept getting to the final boss where you fight Robonik in his Master Emerald-powered robot, but never had any rings left ( I had to beat it without getting hit, and after a few tries I finally did it :D) The part after that where you fly in space as Super Sonic is easy. I've loaded that like 15 times. I should rack up many more times if I play through as Tails or Knuckles by themselves.

The other games are another story altogether, cause you can't save your progress :( (cept in the Mean Bean Machine game where you get a password, but that game is hard as crap!)

Jakq
05-21-2004, 06:41 AM
That's almost as bad as aces2022 deleating his Super Smash Bros.
LOL I was there, at his house, when he did it. He thought it was a snapshot.

DarkFlameWolf
05-22-2004, 12:32 PM
meh, I wasn't planning on buying the collection until after it lowers itself down past 10 bucks.

vegeta1215
05-22-2004, 02:57 PM
meh, I wasn't planning on buying the collection until after it lowers itself down past 10 bucks.

Good luck with that. $20 is the cheapest I think it's gonna be. The cheapest GCN game I've bought was Pikmin, which was $15 after getting $5 off the regular $20 price at Target (they had a special sale)

The SMC is worth $20, you should get it ;)

DarkFlameWolf
05-23-2004, 12:30 AM
its gonna go below 10 bucks. If Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee can get under 10 bucks over here, so can the Mega Collection. Its only a matter of time. I'm estimating about 8-10 months to a year before it gets below 10 bucks. I'm willing to wait, I'm in no hurry to get this.

vegeta1215
05-23-2004, 10:38 AM
SMS and Smash Bros Melee are under $10 where you live?!? Wow. Where are you from?

MottZilla
05-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Consider that it would cost you atleast 40$ to get ahold of the Genesis carts, and it's definitely worth the cash. I got it new awhile back for only like 29.99 or something. Not bad in my opinion.

DarkFlameWolf
05-24-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm in Sacramento, California. Game Stop has bargain bins and those two games were in it, pre-used, but damn well usuable. (hasn't bugged out on me yet) and both were around 10 bucks. So for around 25 bucks, I got two great games. :)

Riku
05-25-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm looking to pick it up soon, or maybe rent it first to check it out. It sounds cool.

Samson007
05-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Yeah, its an awsome collection, but the unlocking system is totally lame. You have to keep going into the game and load it over and over. It is really annoying.

vegeta1215
05-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah, its an awsome collection, but the unlocking system is totally lame. You have to keep going into the game and load it over and over. It is really annoying.

Yeah it is :( I hope Sega realized this so that any future games/collections don't have these ridiculous requirements to unlock things.

I think a more reasonable requirement would be to beat a certain game to unlock another. Like beating Sonic 3 to unlock Sonic 3 & Knuckles, beating Sonic 1 after S3&K is unlocked to get Blue Sphere, beating Sonic 2 after S3&K is unlocked to get Knuckles in Sonic 2, etc...

btw, I finally managed to beat all the special stages in S3&K and got all the Super Emeralds so I could transform into Hyper Sonic. It's very cool. I can't wait to do the same and see Super Tails :D

Samson007
05-26-2004, 07:29 PM
I used to love those games.

Luckily for me I have a collection for my computer that has all those games on it. I remember the countless hours I spent as a kid playing sonic 3 and S&K. I was so good at those bonus levels. And hyper sonic is the greatest. I think ill go find that collection and play while im at it.