PDA

View Full Version : Darn Spain..

zed_cool
05-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Darn Spain.. I have been here in 2 days now.. AND I HAVEN`T FOUND ONE SINGLE GAMESTORE!! Ohh.. All I can do here is being in the sun.. My skin can`t take so much sun.. But one good thing, (I think) is that it`s gonna rain all week... And my batteries to the GBA is running low.. Hmm.. I DO have a problem here.. So, here is one simple little question to anwser: Been in this situation before? No store that sells batteries, or games, and to much sun or to much rain??

ZED in pain with to much sunburn... :laughing:

Toolie
05-09-2004, 05:16 PM
You go to a foreign country to enjoy the sights and relaxation, and you're complaining because you can't do something that you probably do every day of your life at home - play video games. Put the GBA down and enjoy the experience. Go visit something fun or soak up some culture.

Yoshiman
05-09-2004, 05:27 PM
A little sun won't hurt. Buy some sunscreen. You don't need video games every hour of the day. Take Toolie's suggestion and go to a culture center or something. I was in Hawaii for half a month, which is much closer to the equator and averages 80 degrees... In Febuary.

The only time I really played my GBA was either in the morning or at night, when I wasn't playing with the geckos :D.

Blonde799
05-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Unlike certain people, not everyone can wander where they please, and may be stuck in some boring places. I know I was when I went out of country a few times.:p

Others do have a point though. If you can, try and go somewhere, and try to find shade. I think having games to play anywhere will give you something to do, instead of getting lost and held for ransom by thugs.:p

Dechipher
05-09-2004, 06:22 PM
"I'm gonna spend 800 dollars so I can go to a foriegn country and play my game boy advance and complain about the sun."
Enjoy it while you can. Video games aren't everything.

Melonhead
05-09-2004, 09:07 PM
"I'm gonna spend 800 dollars so I can go to a foriegn country and play my game boy advance and complain about the sun."
Enjoy it while you can. Video games aren't everything.

He's 15, so odds are his parents dragged him on this trip, and are making him do a bunch of stupid stuff that he has no interest in. Besides: theres nothing wrong with playing a little GBA in the car/bus/plane/train(Well....not so much train anymore, after the terrorist attack.)

Ganon's Minion
05-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Anyone who would kill to go to Spain right now, say 'I'.

I!

Heh, well anyway. Please don't complain about not being able to play your GameBoy when you're in such a great part of the world. [lucky me, GBA SP, no batteries needed, besides rechargeable;)]. But still, c'mon, enjoy your time there, because before you know it...you'll be back to crappy reality. :laughing:

SixTen
05-09-2004, 10:09 PM
I'll go to Spain. I'd rather go to Germany though. $400 round trip to Frankfurt.

Glitch
05-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Amsterdam is an even better place to go :D

SixTen
05-09-2004, 11:07 PM
But it is a short (as in one day) drive from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. Besides, the Dutch are weird. I used to live there, trust me.

inori
05-10-2004, 10:05 AM
I get nervous at the thought of going somewhere where I don't speak the native language. Sure, lots of people around the world speak English, but I feel like an idiot if that's all I can do. Thus, I think I'll just continue to hide here for a while.

elise
05-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Six Ten trust me we are not weird ,it must have been you :P

Pangolin
05-10-2004, 12:01 PM
I think Gamestores become more and more sparse the further away you get from England (Or America). Or perhaps they're illegal. I saw a couple in France, but none in Spain. Actually, videogames are illegal in Grece, the government thinks they're gambling, and so banned itbecause of the religion. Scary, I think.

Rainman
05-10-2004, 04:31 PM
I think Gamestores become more and more sparse the further away you get from England (Or America). Or perhaps they're illegal. I saw a couple in France, but none in Spain. Actually, videogames are illegal in Grece, the government thinks they're gambling, and so banned itbecause of the religion. Scary, I think.

The government banned handheld videogames on accident because the made a law that was too general. Yes, it was a means to curb gambling which our government does as well.

SixTen
05-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Six Ten trust me we are not weird ,it must have been you :P
Well, the people living in Heerlen and Brunssum were sure strange.
Although, it very well could have just been me.