PDA

View Full Version : linux on mac

Masamune
05-08-2004, 02:15 PM
i don't know if this is possible or not, but i'm sick of this gay mac OS X. is there anyway i can get mandrake or red hat on my mac? this stupid OS is pissing me off... -_-'

Melonhead
05-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Try Yellow Dog. The site is down right now, but apparently it gets back up tonight at ~5pm. Theres also some links to it fromDistrowatch (www.distrowatch.com)

LordMagus
05-08-2004, 06:30 PM
I believe there is a PowerPC version of Mandrake. Try searching Mandrake's site (http://www.mandrakelinux.com/).

SixTen
05-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Why on god's green earth would you replace a good OS with a crappy one? (Crappy in my opinion anyway.)

What don't you like about OS X? I have never had any complaints about it, except that you can't play as many games. But Linux runs even fewer games than OS X.

Menokh
05-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Linux isn't crappy, but on the Mac it is lacking some useful things.
You're better off staying with MacOS X, it is UNIX and can run many Linux apps on the Apple X server. Linux on the Mac lacks many of the multimedia apps you may want, that X86 Linux and Mac Os X have, such as Macromedia Flash.

But if you really want to try Linux on your Mac; Mandrake, Yellow Dog and Gentoo all have good Mac versions. But beware of the multimedia limits.

Tke it from a Linux user.