PDA

View Full Version : In the beginning.

SixTen
05-07-2004, 10:49 PM
In the beginning, what was AGN like? How did it start, who were the major members involved, how long before it really picked up, and who has been here since it's birth?

Basicall, someone please run over for me the history of AGN.

Ich
05-08-2004, 12:39 AM
That's what it was like. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=127&page=1&pp=25&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1)

Warlord started it, and told his IRL friends, and it grew from there, with the help of Zelda Classic.

Ganon's Minion
05-08-2004, 12:44 AM
I don't really know a lot about what this community was like when it first began. I only signed up here on April 19, 2001. But y'know, I assume Zelda Classic was responsible for attracting many of the members. *shrug* I guess that's a given...

Link Hylia
05-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Back when i got here in 2000, this place had a very different look to it. I found zelda classic on a site called Team Save Zelda. adn when i first started zelda up, it showed this website address www.armageddongames.com and fromt here, hostory unfolded. Since then Zelda Classic has gone through 2 programmers, I was and am a beta tester for all three so far. thats the most i can give without a big long book.

Yoshiman
05-08-2004, 11:16 AM
There were a lot of members that used to be here that don't post anymore. They were mainly from the Zelda Classic part of the forum. Also, some parts of the forums were either added, removed, or had a name change.

Added: Shattered Earth
Removed: Galaga Advanced, Order of the Pheonix
Name Changed: Ask a Domatrix->Ask Someone Who Gets Laid

GB was removed for a bit, but was then re-added.

Ganon's Minion
05-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah you're right about that Yoshiman. There have been quite a few forums that have been added and taken out. I do believe that there were hosted forums such as the Knights Templar Cathedral which Glenn was head of, and I was part of. Of course, that's long gone now, but there have been other as well. And there were also members, like you said, that were regular posters back when I joined, but now they don't post half as much. :shrug:

Glitch
05-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Man, I remember back in high school when WAr Lord told me about this place. Not long after Moo and goat (the former goatboy) discoverd it. I first joined under the name VeNoM and popped in right during the "EVeryone hates tails stage". Jesus....that was back in like 2000......Crazy Times.

Melonhead
05-08-2004, 04:28 PM
There were a lot of members that used to be here that don't post anymore. They were mainly from the Zelda Classic part of the forum. Also, some parts of the forums were either added, removed, or had a name change.

Added: Shattered Earth
Removed: Galaga Advanced, Order of the Pheonix Melonhead: You forgot FF3PC
Name Changed: Ask a Domatrix->Ask Someone Who Gets Laid

GB was removed for a bit, but was then re-added.

Emphasis mine, of course.

Glitch
05-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Shit, Melonhead I remember back when you joined...

Pangolin
05-09-2004, 06:25 AM
I've had ZC since 2000, and I've known about this place for yonks. Then I realised how addictive forums are, so I signed up here 2 months ago. Heehee I'm so new.