PDA

View Full Version : QDB - Almost finished - need testers.

Eckels
05-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Hey guys. I'm nearing completion of the new AG QDB (I'll probably have it done this weekend, if not sooner).

What I'd like to know is... Before I unleash the beast to the masses, I'd like to have a few days of solid testing. To check to make sure everything works as it should. Everything's spelled right... Maybe any features I didnt think of adding, you might suggest, etc...

That's where you all come in. I'd like you guys to test it, since you're pretty much the core ZC group, and it would also limit access to the site, so it can be worked on in peace. I didnt want to get random people out of ZC Discussion for this. I just want to know if i can count on you guys to do it.

Anyone up for it?

Raichu86
05-07-2004, 06:15 PM
If it's not too image heavy (which the new zeldaclassic.com doesn't seem to be), I'd be glad to. :)

Eckels
05-07-2004, 06:30 PM
it's part of zc.com. The only additional images would be screenshots, and the hearts for the rating system.

*b*
05-07-2004, 06:54 PM
sure, I'd like to test. is there anything special needed, like, sumbitting stuff?

Sephiroth
05-07-2004, 07:10 PM
same here. I'll test too.. Will there be any need for like sumbitting quests?

Eckels
05-07-2004, 07:15 PM
not yet. eventually (not this weekend, but within the next few weeks) there will be a quest submittal form. but not yet, so no. We (meaning, Jayem and I) will populate the db with probably close to fourty quests. At least that's what i'm hoping, if not more.

I just need you guys to really inspect the pages, go through all the links you can... etc etc. Try to do weird things with it. Whatever you can think of. I'd also really like to know what it looks like on various browsers/platforms. and of course "does it work?"

Sephiroth
05-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Well then, by all means! I'll go for it. :thumbsup:

*b*
05-07-2004, 08:51 PM
same here. is it anything like the old QDB?

Sephiroth
05-07-2004, 09:22 PM
hmm.. I never was around for the old qdb so could you give me a rundown of how the old one worked? pretty please? :p

Eckels
05-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Well, hopefully this will be better than any pre-existing or currently-existing qdb.

It's like the old one, in that it's a database.

It's not like the old in, in that it's not forum-based. Actually it's not based off of anything. I coded this sucker from scratch. there are a few code snippets that i used from other things, like a few mousovers that you'll notice... but everything else is custom Eckels php :)

I do intend to integrate it with AG's forums, for things like comments, but that hasn't been done yet.

I think you'll be happy with the useability of this one. At least i'm hoping so. It provides more ways to browse the quests than have been available before.

*b*
05-07-2004, 11:41 PM
so... when do we start testing? do we get a PM or something?

Eckels
05-07-2004, 11:58 PM
i'll post the link in here. Like I said, It'll be done soon. I just wanted to know if i could count on you guys to lend a hand.

gdorf
05-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I'll give it a whirl. I'm glad your focusing on usability this time. The last one was nice, but it was simply too much of a chore to find and download a quest. Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

Rydia
05-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Sure, I'd be glad to help out with testing the new QDB.

DarkFlameWolf
05-09-2004, 11:17 AM
well the latest versions of all my quests can be found at PureZC. I am saying this because I went through a lot of revisions for each of my quests and now they are good in beta 183+. So, just wanted to straighten that out so we wouldn't get old unworkable quests on the QDB.

Eckels
05-09-2004, 12:58 PM
har har

figures since i added a bunch of yours last night, that were on the old db. lol..

well i'll leave them up for now, for qdb testing, and update them when it's ready.

Eckels
05-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Started a new thread to keep it organized.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?p=935771#post935771