PDA

View Full Version : Humor in Games:

ShadowTiger
05-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Have you ever seen anything funny in a game that really made you laugh? Specifically, something that probably wasn't supposed to be there?

For example, the game Ultima 7 Part II: Serpent Isle. I'm playing it now, and I'm loving it. There are an amazing amount of things within. Here's a few.

Chickens. If you kill them and search their bodies, you can find a few pieces of meat. If you cast the spell "Vibration," which shakes loose possessions of the individuals, you can cast it near chickens, and shake the very flesh from their bones, and then you just watch them walk away. :p :laughing: It's so funny! :laughing: (BTW, this works with most animals.)

If you hack away at a bridge somewhere, there's a sign under it that says "Turn off hack mover, you cheater.)

Somewhere in the snowy wastes, there's a ghost that tells you to seek revenge for its life, and gives you a key. This key fits a two story tiny house in the middle of the Goblin woods. Inside, you find a "Rune Board," "Glowing Box," And "Humming Tray." There is a pirate sitting on a chair, drinking ale next to his parrot.

He's a Software Pirate! :laughing:
( BTW, he also has some pretty good stuff. Lockpicks galore.)

Under the Apothecary's shop in Moonshade, if you double-Click on one of the walls of the stairs leading across the river, the wall opens up, leading to a little basement. The north wall is a walk-through wall, in which at the end, is a locked door. Open it using the key under Porthos the apothecary's desk, and you'll end up in a teleporter which leads you to a "Football Field," with actual opposing teams, cheerleader statues, and a nice treasure box at the end, full of ice-related armor and weapons. Neat. :naughty:

Behind the Isle of the Mad Mage Erstam, you can find a hollowed out mountain full of naked women, food, pleasure, all the items in the game, and a treasure-trove's worth of all the weapons in the game. Awesome stuff.

You can stack up bodies to form stairs. .. Dude.. .. And I've seen people do it all the time. Freaky. :odd: :p

Walking behind the chimney of the dead blacksmith's in the first game leads to a cheat area. When I put up a ladder to walk behind my own chimney, I fell off the roof. (J/K. :p Just had to say it. )

.. Oh.. God.. there are so many more great things to do. Check out This (http://www.bootstrike.com/Ultima7si/Online/starless.html) page to read more. Heck, the entire SITE is awesome. Check it out, really. :thumbsup:

So what've you got? :)