PDA

View Full Version : need help!

Shadow Link2007
05-06-2004, 04:03 PM
i just downloaded zelda classic and i cant get anything to work the program works fine but i have some problems:
i use the palette i made to edit sprites
i can't load my own sprites i made in paint
i can't load my own tiles i made in paint

Please help me with these problems post here or PM me about them your choice.

Shadow Link2007
05-06-2004, 04:08 PM
please post i really need help im new so dont think im stupid if im asking to do something thats not possibly i just now downloaded it a few minutes ago.

EDIT:sorry about double posting

Superstrider
05-06-2004, 04:53 PM
The file types play a factor in the images that you try to load. ZQuest will accept BMP and GIF files. Also, it may be the version that you are using. Can you state the version number?

Sephiroth
05-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Yea Shadow Link, That would help.. but to import graphics you have made in paint, Paint may have saved it as a bmp so what you need to do is go to quest -> graphics -> tiles then hit pg dn until you find a all black page of tiles.. then click the shiny button that says "grab" and browse your hard drive to your images. chances are that you will need to recolor them in zqest to match your tileset's palletes. This above solution is only for inserting the grahpics to use.. then you will need to set up a combo for it. combos are the building blocks of screens. they contain what type of combo it is, the walkability for it and the cset offset to use. Once you have done that, then you can lay them on a screen.. to use it as a sprite, (eg character,) you will need to just set it up as a unwalkable combo with the animated frames and the speed of the animation. if you want to use it as an item sprite or weapon sprite, you will need to use the item editor.. go to quest -> graphics -> items (or) weapone/misc. The current version of ZC has that link sprite editor, don't use it as it's very buggy. and the last thing. your palletes, go to: quest -> pallete -> main (or) level (or) Extra Sprite set. The main is the main colors you use for the game. the level depends on whice level you use. (dependant on DMAP). If you have any questions, please feel free to post.

Shadow Link2007
05-07-2004, 07:30 AM
thank you that really helped one more thing when i tried to use a different pallete while editing a link sprite it wouldn't let me i even tried editing the current pallete that i was using but when i went back it was the same colors (blue, green, black, and pale) im using the newest version of quest editor.

Sephiroth
05-07-2004, 09:34 AM
YOu have to edit the extra sprite set palletes. go to quest -> palletes -> extra sprite set. I don't remember if it's right, but you should change the palletes that use link's colors.. and you edit the main pallete #6 for green ring link. :p

automatic
05-07-2004, 08:50 PM
...edit the main pallete #6 for green ring link....Actually, I have a question about this, too... what pallettes are used for blue and red ring Link? Can they be changed? I've made a custom character who looks funny with the blue and red rings, so if I can't change those pallettes, I won't be able to use the blue or red rings...

Sephiroth
05-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Actually, I have a question about this, too... what pallettes are used for blue and red ring Link? Can they be changed? I've made a custom character who looks funny with the blue and red rings, so if I can't change those pallettes, I won't be able to use the blue or red rings...
yes you can. you go into quest -> palletes -> sprites -> click extra sprite 1 -> Now it should bring up a box with like 16 different palletes.. those are for various item in your quest..

I'll give you the run down on which ones are for link.

#6 is blue ring link
#7 is red ring link
#8 is gold ring link
#9 (more than gold) Nope.. the game icon. the game icon gets it's own pallete! this is the game icon for green ring link
#10 game icon for blue ring link
#11 game icon for red ring link
#12 game icon for gold ring link

automatic
05-08-2004, 12:41 PM
yes you can. you go into quest -> palletes -> etc...
Awesome, thanks!