PDA

View Full Version : So freaking funny....

Glitch
05-05-2004, 02:17 PM
This whole site had me cracking up, but this right here (http://www.zooass.com/games/neverland/neverland.shtml) had me rolling! Just looked at the looked on the kids faces.....true fear.

Goat
05-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Lol, youre a sick fucker

ShadowTiger
05-05-2004, 03:24 PM
The game was so very, very easy too. I wish I had a netgun like that. :rolleyes:

SixTen
05-05-2004, 04:12 PM
That's hillarious. I love their facia expressions!

moocow
05-05-2004, 04:47 PM
I can't believe I played that. I quit mid-game cause it just felt wrong. Glitch, only you would get kicks out of netting small, crying boys.

AtmaWeapon
05-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Out of the many games on the internet, this one is hard to categorize. Many would call it a stationary shooting game, but I think it falls in a broader genre: games that suck. Review of the individual merits follows, using categories NP has often used to define a game's merit:

Graphics: 3.1/5

The prerendered background is very photorealistic, and the heads of the children show facial expressions in a realistic manner. However, a few more frames in the run animation would have worked wonders. Same with the net, it just kind of appears on the kids.

Gameplay/fun: 0/5

Even for its genre, the game was mediocre. I played until I netted 20 kids. The difficulty never increased. I can only pray that there is a timer that ends the game eventually, otherwise it will continue until you quit. Hit detection made it too easy. You didn't need to lead the target, and they all ran the same speed anyway. You got no reward for headshots or for quickly dispatching the target. All in all, it sucked.

Innovation: 0/5

*yawn* How many flash games exactly like this one have I played? "You are <celebrity> trying to <something celebrity did wrong> <someone the celebrity did it to> with a gun that <kills/captures/incapacitates/rapes the aforementioned victim>." This time the gun captures the child on the assumption the child will be raped later. No powerups, no movement, all in all uninteresting. It might even be more fun if the children were animals and you were catching them for a zoo. At least then you wouldn't be expected to guffaw at a joke that is a horse so dead that people have started beating the stick.

Sound: 2.4/5

It would have been appropriate for a Michael Jackson song to be the background. Something like "Beat It" or "P.Y.T." comes to mind pretty quickly, and I'm sure someone more well-versed in Jackson's music could suggest songs that perhaps could be interpreted as having pedophilic undertones. The creator got points for "Bad" at the beginning, but for some reason thinks Jackson is responsible for the sonic failure that is "Smooth Criminal". Every child screams exactly the same. Other games in this genre sometimes have 3 or 4 different screams that are either chosen at random or are attached to one type of kid. This one assumes that all children have the same voice.

Challenge: 0/5
Children run slow. Hit detection is too good. Children never speed up. You never run out of ammo. One good point is that if a single child escapes, the game is over. However, the children run slow enough and you reload quickly enough you can have at least 6 kids on the screen at once and dispatch them all with no trouble. The reload is a good idea since it can add challenge. Don't try this one if you have no hands or if you are blind; otherwise it should be slightly less challenging than punching a monkey to install spyware and download a program, which is somehow the same as winning $20.

Overall: 1/5
Needs love. With some improvement, it could be a fun game. I think powerups would be nice, variable-speed children, target leading, and maybe a few locations could make a really challenging shooter out of it. Maybe even a boss (fat kid) that takes more than one net, but is surrounded by smaller kids meaning you have to shoot all the small kids before you can hit the fat kid. As it stands, the game sucks.

ChoochII
05-05-2004, 06:42 PM
That was pretty funny glitch i enjoyed myself it was an easy game

Zelda
05-06-2004, 12:06 AM
yea, gets kind of old after a while though

Glitch
05-06-2004, 12:09 AM
I wasn't saying it was a great game..just freaking hillarious for the first few minutes :p Anyone else check out the other games on Zooass.com? Who wants to smoke my honey bear is fun....

Master Ghaleon
05-06-2004, 12:31 AM
hahaha, I got to the midnight stages and laughed and let a kid loose :P