PDA

View Full Version : I hate the pain with a flaming passion

Ganon's Minion
05-04-2004, 10:47 PM
WOW!! I got my upper-lobe part of my left ear pierced a few months back, and the pain still hasn't stopped. I still find I must massage it occasionally just so it will stop hurting a little. It really sucks, I haven't been able to sleep on the left side of my head, basically since February or whenever I got it pierced. It's really bad. :( Well, has anyone else had the experience of having a body/ear piercing that has lingering pain? Or just simply, who has a body piercing on these forums...?

EDIT: And my brother hit my ear the other day, so it was bleeding for quite a while. BAH! :sweat:

Riku
05-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Cant say that I have ever pierced anything, but I did have surgery on my right ear once, and if any wind, even from a cieling fan on low would make me cry from the pain. But that only lasted about 2 weeks.

Melonhead
05-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Might wanna get that checked out. It shouldn't still be hurting. Maybe you got an infection or something(perfectly possible anytime a foreign object gets in the human body.)

Zelda
05-04-2004, 11:03 PM
sounds like it hurts pretty bad, ive never had nething peirced so i wouldnt know but yea u might wanna get that checked out

Ganon's Minion
05-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Well that's what I was thinking, Melonhead. And thank you for the advice. However, I'm not too sure it is an infection because I know several other girls that got it done around the same time as I did, and they're pretty much experiencing the same thing. But I will take into account the pain, and do what is necessary. And also, I also got the lower-lobe done several years ago, and that didn't hurt half as much. But I believe the reason is that on the top part, the earring must break through much more cartilidge (sp?) than on the lower. So that's probably why it's more painful.

Melonhead
05-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Well that's what I was thinking, Melonhead. And thank you for the advice. However, I'm not too sure it is an infection because I know several other girls that got it done around the same time as I did, and they're pretty much experiencing the same thing. But I will take into account the pain, and do what is necessary. And also, I also got the lower-lobe done several years ago, and that didn't hurt half as much. But I believe the reason is that on the top part, the earring must break through much more cartilidge (sp?) than on the lower. So that's probably why it's more painful.

Still, I'd take a trip to the doctor or the place you got it done. A false alarm is better than losing your ear(or hearing). Neither of those are likely to happen, but better safe than sorry.

Ganonator
05-04-2004, 11:12 PM
nah... my cartilage hurt less than my lobe piercing. It quit about 2 weeks afterward. I would guess there's something in it. Get it checked out, and hopefully you won't have to get it removed (the piercing, not your ear) :tongue:

Ganon's Minion
05-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Crap. I thought you meant my ear. lmao. Alright, I'll take the safe road and get it checked out. Thanks for the concern. So, anyone else with piercings?

Eckels
05-04-2004, 11:24 PM
that's what you get for putting holes in your head. it's your body's way of telling you "WTF! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? DONT PUT FUCKING HOLES IN ME! "

AtmaWeapon
05-04-2004, 11:30 PM
OK this is legendary because I totally agree with Eckels here and I was planning this post but I forgot my tinfoil hat and so ECKELS READ MY MIND AND COPIED MY IDEA. :mad: GET READY TO FACE AN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWSUIT UNDER THE DMCA FOR REVERSE-ENGINEERING MY MIND.

Anyway, I say leave it alone. If you have to get your ear removed, then think of the stuff you can stick inside THAT hole! Everyone will be so jealous and wish they had thought of it.

Master Ghaleon
05-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Well that's what I was thinking, Melonhead. And thank you for the advice. However, I'm not too sure it is an infection because I know several other girls that got it done around the same time as I did, and they're pretty much experiencing the same thing.

Did they also get it done at the same place?

Ganon's Minion
05-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Actually no. We got it done at different places. They probably got it done somewhere in the mall, and I didn't. So, yeah I'll be sure to get it looked at, and since we didn't get it done at the same place, it wasn't the equipment used. (ie: uncleaned tools) Besides, I saw the lady who did it clean the stuff first. So it's all okay. But to tell the truth, it's feeling much better now. So, you know. I think I'll be fine.