PDA

View Full Version : Science Project need help.

AssasinTenchu
05-04-2004, 08:18 PM
uhh can anyone help me with my science project its about the circulatory system. I just need to know the sizes of these organs couldnt find them on google or anything.
Aorta
Atrium
Ventricle
Vena Cava
Pulmonary Circulation
Just those 5 please help thanks.

Ganon's Minion
05-04-2004, 08:20 PM
There's gotta be somewhere on the Net you'd find it. :odd:

Anyhoo, I'm just as good:

Aorta - long and slimy
Atrium - BIG
Ventricle - long
Vena Cava - ??? (lol)
Pulmonary Circulation - ???

Okay so I've only heard of 3 of those organs before, so I probably wasn't of much help. :(

AssasinTenchu
05-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Eh thanks for the try anyway. I got nothing right now. Guess its better than nothing lol

Glenn the Great
05-04-2004, 08:58 PM
uhh can anyone help me with my science project its about the circulatory system. I just need to know the sizes of these organs couldnt find them on google or anything.
Aorta
Atrium
Ventricle
Vena Cava
Pulmonary Circulation
Just those 5 please help thanks.

The Aorta is a thick blood vessel (actually the thickest) that transports oxygenated blood. It's a few centimeters thick.

There are two atriums and they are large cavities in the heart about half the size of your fist.

There are two ventricles are cavities in the heart you could fit a few fingers inside.

These four cavities are interconnected through two valves and other blood vessels. This is why some heart surgeries are called double, triple, or quadruple bypasses.

The vena cava is a large vertical vessel that runs through the right side of the heart (your right) and carries non oxygenated blood.

I believe Pulmonary Circulation refers to the transfer of oxygenated blood. The reason I say this is because I know of the pulmonary arteries but not of any pulmonary veins. The Pulmonary Arteries are your main ones and you could probably stick a pencil in them.

I hope all this helps. I know a lot about organics but really the size has a lot to do with age and I'm assuming this is a full grown adult's body.

phattonez
05-04-2004, 09:39 PM
This isn't in your science book? Seems strange. If you want more detailed descriptions, look for a medical website or something, it will give you the extra lines you need to get to the minimum amount of pages you need for your report.

Zelda
05-04-2004, 10:23 PM
lol who needs a science book when ya got Glenn :p

AtmaWeapon
05-04-2004, 10:32 PM
| \ \ | |/ /
| |\ `' ' /
| ;'aorta \ / , pulmonary
| ; _, | / / , arteries
superior | | ( `-.;_,-' '-' ,
vena cava | `, `-._ _,-'_
|,-`. `.) ,<_,-'_, pulmonary
,' `. / ,' `;-' _, veins
; `./ /`, \-'
| right / | ;\ |\
| atrium ;_,._|_, `, ' \
| \ \ ` `,
` __ ` \ left ;,
\ ,' ` \, ventricle
\_( ;, ;;
| \ `;, ;;
inferior | |`. `;;, ;'
vena cava | | `-. ;;;;,;'
| | |`-.._ ,;;;;;'
| | | | ``';;;' FL
aorta

I hope this helps. Otherwise please complete your own school assignments please.

AssasinTenchu
05-04-2004, 10:32 PM
I couldnt bring my science book home and thanks glenn. thanks for the pic too weapon