PDA

View Full Version : Two questions...

automatic
05-04-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm running 19.2b183

1. I'm using the Pure set v.2, and when Link swings the hammer down or left the animation is wrong. When swinging left, the first frame of the animation is Link facing down, then he turns left and finishes his swing. When swinging down, the first frame is Link facing up, then he flips back to down to finish his swing. Is this a bug with the coding, or are the tiles misplaced? If it's just the tiles, I think I might be able to muddle through it and fix it. I just don't want to bother if it's a bug, I might mess up the tile placement and just make more work for myself. I have noticed that other games using different tilesets don't have this hammer problem (I haven't played through another Pure quest to get the hammer and check it out, though).

2. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but it might not be... when you put Aquamentus on the left side of the screen, you can't hit him in the face. You have to hit him in the tail. Has anyone else had this problem?

-------------------------------------
Edit:
Um, never mind about the hammer thing. I finally found a thread on PureZC that confirms it's just a bug and there's nothing to be done about it.

4matsy
05-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Yeah, apparently DN changed the hammer tile order and one point during development, and forgot/didn't want to change it back before the release, 'cause it breaks hammer anims in existing quests. Same reason why the swimming/diving tiles are messed up.

Yeah, left Aqua's hit detection seems to be one block off. Quite obvious to see/find, which is probably why no one's mentioned it. Similar issue with Patra 2 and 3, whose inner rings are flying in the wrong formations and having one kid fly according to Link's x-position...o_O

automatic
05-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Yeah, apparently DN changed the hammer tile order and one point during development, and forgot/didn't want to change it back before the release, 'cause it breaks hammer anims in existing quests. Same reason why the swimming/diving tiles are messed up.

Yeah, left Aqua's hit detection seems to be one block off. Quite obvious to see/find, which is probably why no one's mentioned it. Similar issue with Patra 2 and 3, whose inner rings are flying in the wrong formations and having one kid fly according to Link's x-position...o_OWell, I fixed the hammer up so that it's only wrong in one direction now (when facing up, he flips down before finishing his swing). I fixed the left/right thing with some tile switching. It's hardly noticeable now... especially in the heat of battle, where you're keeping an eye on the enemies anyway.

It's too bad about Aqua left, I was going to sacrifice one of the directions Aqua is facing to draw some "wading ripples" around one so I could stick him in water, and still have a non-wading one as backup (for my side-quest of collecting Aquamentus eggs in the Aquamentus cave at the beach.) Oh, well... I'll think of something.

As for the swim/dive tiles, I haven't had a problem with that yet... What problem were people having with the swim/dive tiles?

4matsy
05-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Link's diving tiles were, like, 2 or 3 off. Usually resulting in pieces of Ganon popping up, since most tilesets had them right next to Ganon.

Actually, I think it was fixed in the newest-publically-available 184 alpha. But since most newbies seem to not know about its existence, they download 183, which does have the dive glitch...

It's said a new version of ZC will come out sometime during the next year, or maybe even in a few months (if we're REALLY lucky...quality assurance has been taking quite a while around here with all the new stuff that was put in over the last few versions of ZC...:p). I'd say, if your quest will take that long to make, you might as well go ahead and ignore the bugs, since they'll eventually be fixed, which means you won't have to go back and release another version of your quest later just to fix some graphic glitches caused by depending on bugs...:shrug: