PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Archibaldo
05-03-2004, 07:05 PM
I orderd HM:AWL and I was wondering is it any good? Does any one here own it?

deathbyhokie
05-04-2004, 06:52 AM
it's not bad. i enjoy the SNES version more, but it is basic harvest moon. i haven
t plyed long enough to get to the point where your kid starts to grow up though. one thing i'd reccommend is to check the calander in your house. it's the only place they'll tell you about festivals(as far as i know, they're all held in the bar)

aces2022
05-04-2004, 09:01 AM
I don't like it i was having high expectations because i always play the Super Nintendo version, and A Wonderful Life was nothing compared to that. I just noticed something i should have bought the GBA one that way it would be more like the original and it would be cheaper. AHHHHHH. I hate bad decision-making

Archibaldo
05-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Is it anything like HM64? Cause me and my friend beat that game in like a day. It was awesome.

vegeta1215
05-04-2004, 12:31 PM
I heard moocow is a big fan of this game. Hopefully she will see your post and be able to tell you all about it :)

I never really got into these kind of sims, but the game looked neat when I was reading about it in my Nintendo Power. I had read about past Harvest Moon games, and in comparison, it looks like this one has a lot fewer girls that you can try to hook up with. If you're trying to decide whether to buy the game or not, just rent it first. Even after hearing the opinions of my friends, I still always rent when I'm not sure.

deathbyhokie
05-04-2004, 12:43 PM
I heard moocow is a big fan of this game. Hopefully she will see your post and be able to tell you all about it :)

I never really got into these kind of sims, but the game looked neat when I was reading about it in my Nintendo Power. I had read about past Harvest Moon games, and in comparison, it looks like this one has a lot fewer girls that you can try to hook up with. If you're trying to decide whether to buy the game or not, just rent it first. Even after hearing the opinions of my friends, I still always rent when I'm not sure.

yeah, there's only 3 marryable girls. and you only have 2 years or so to marry a girl. the girls will try to marry you though. i guess the focus is more on raising your kid, and trying to get him to pick a good career.

aces2022
05-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Ya it is like HM64 BUT you have more freedom to rome because there is alot more time in the day.

moocow
05-05-2004, 10:23 AM
I love this game. I don't think it's much like HM64, though, in my own opinion. It's a little more simple, and doesn't seem to be much to do. Like dbh said, check your calendar for the festivals. One of them is held at the hippie's house.

I don't play it much, because I can't keep my concentration on it now days, too tired for a slow paced RPG.

3 girls to marry. I married Celia. You get married at the end of the year, and of course you get the blue feather when you want to propose. You have to check the girls' diaries to see how much they like you.

Pangolin
05-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Its spiffing. But, as always, its hard to get into and takes a while to get interesting. One thing, DON'T choose Celia as a bride as she takes ages to marry you, shes default (you have to marry her if you don't choose any others), and she wears green. Thats a good enough reason.
AWL is brilliant though. I only just found Mukumuku in the forest, he's so cool! "Mo-faaa!"

deathbyhokie
05-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Its spiffing. But, as always, its hard to get into and takes a while to get interesting. One thing, DON'T choose Celia as a bride as she takes ages to marry you, shes default (you have to marry her if you don't choose any others), and she wears green. Thats a good enough reason.
AWL is brilliant though. I only just found Mukumuku in the forest, he's so cool! "Mo-faaa!"

that thing freaks me out. about as much as the scientist plotting to kill my cows. and that ball of fur stealing my fish and milk

i married celia too. she's probably the second eaisest to get, after the bar girl. i wish i could marry the archeologist chick though

moocow
05-06-2004, 08:36 PM
that thing freaks me out. about as much as the scientist plotting to kill my cows. and that ball of fur stealing my fish and milk

After I got married, I caught that damn scientist looking in my windows watching my kid play with the ball that I bought him. He's a pervert!`

Pangolin
05-07-2004, 01:55 PM
i married celia too. she's probably the second eaisest to get, after the bar girl. i wish i could marry the archeologist chick though

I tryed to steal chris, the sportsmans (wally) wife. It didn't work. So I tryed Romana, and she wouldn't accept my flowers!! She just said, "Thats a weakness for me..." Grr... Maybe I'll have to quit being a farmer and start being a bunny-boiler...
Seriously though, I think that you should be able to marry anyone. It would make the game a whole lot more fun. Especially if they were already married.

Archibaldo
05-08-2004, 11:21 PM
I married Muffy, and I'm in my second year. But what I want to know is that, does Ramona ever accept your gifts? I tried giving her eggs, gold coins etc. and she wont take anything from me she just says: That looks nice. Oh, and btw where does that white thing live?

deathbyhokie
05-08-2004, 11:44 PM
which one's ramona?

and the white thing lives up by the spring. wander up there...midsummerish? it'll go to a cutscene with the scientist, and it'll show up. what ti does, i have no idea

AtmaWeapon
05-09-2004, 10:12 PM
OK I almost bought this game but then I remembered how when I played HM on the SNES I would catch myself wondering what my wife was doing while I was at school and that was just plain creepy.

This game sounds like it will be fun next time I get the funds up.

Pangolin
05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Its not Ramona, its Romana. Shes the old bag that loves in the villa (the big house on the hill.)
Mukumuku rules! Give him fish ten times a season (1nce a day), and he becomes your friend! (I'm assuming its a he...)

moocow
05-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Romana is indeed the old woman in the Villa. Try giving her flowers. She's accepted them from me once before. Also, when you're in the Villa, pick up one of the cats and try to walk out the door with it. Your face gets all funny :p But, if you become friends with Romana, she will eventually give you one of her cats.

After the old man's wife dies (I don't remember her name, or his), if you follow him to her grave site (over by Vesta's farm) and click on the tombstone, he'll ask you to clean it. Her ghost will appear afterwards and thank you for the good job. It was kinda weird, cause I wasn't expecting it.

dbh, Mukumuku serves the purpose of being cute :D

Pangolin
05-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Thats the old lady that lives opposite the barn, right? She's practically a zombie anyway!
Thats a point, you should be able to murder people with pitchforks and shovels, and poke people's eyes out with rishing rods...
Na, then it would be GTA... or GTF. (Grand Theft Farm)

Archibaldo
05-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Does Mukumuku give you anything?