PDA

View Full Version : LoZ: Majora's Mask

Riku
05-02-2004, 11:43 PM
In my time here at AGN I always noticed talk of the Ocarina of Time, and have never heard anyone talk about Majora's Mask, so I assumed it must be a bad game. Well erlier today I was at a friends house and he had it so decieded.."why not" ill try it. It is actually pretty fun, and rather chalenging, to me atleast. I havent played Ocarina of Time but I hope to get it soon. Does anyone else like this game?

Master Ghaleon
05-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Cause its been out for awhile, heres a thread for you to look at if you would like.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69815

vegeta1215
05-03-2004, 12:40 AM
And here's another: http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79504

Majora's Mask is awesome. I played it for two weeks non stop when it came out. After which time I had gotten everything in the game. That's about how long it took me to get everything in Ocarina of Time (minus the 100 Gold Skulltula's). I started playing MM on the Zelda Collector's Edition not too long ago. It plays the same as the N64 one, but the slowdown really bugs me :(

gdorf
05-03-2004, 01:47 AM
To assume makes an ass...

Majoras Mask was a great game, argueably better than OoT. It added a new dimension to the zelda series and kept my interest for at least 3 weeks. I liked it particularly well because it didn't feel like an alttp remake in 3d, as OoT did. It was a new seperate story.

automatic
05-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Majora's Mask was all right... it did have better graphics than OoT, and the game play was unique, but it just didn't have the punch that OoT did. With OoT, every Zelda fanboy got his first look at Hyrule in 3d, and that's hard to top. Plus, MM doesn't have nearly the same replay value, in my opinion. Going over the same three days the first playthrough is fine, because you have to to beat it. But after I beat it, I just got this "ugh, not again" feeling when playing it. Hence me beating it only once, whereas I've played through OoT quite a few times.

Orion
05-05-2004, 12:36 PM
I thought the whole thing with the 3-day system and having different people be different places was ingeneous. I hope to see that revisited today. As for the whole alternate world thing, i wasn't too keen on that, but it was an interesting change of pace.

Pangolin
05-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Check General Entertainment Discussion.
My loves MM. Yummy. Its far far better than OoT. Much more original, and it made use of the ocarina of TIME, rather than the ocarina of TIME that actually is only used for stuff like opening doors.
But the water boss is horrible.
So here is my formula on how good MM is. MM ( N - WB) = S/WB + 100000 brillant points.