PDA

View Full Version : Finally! (frustrating video game moments overcome)

vegeta1215
05-02-2004, 01:18 AM
I've been playing Super Smash Bros Melee on the Gamecube a lot lately, trying to get all the trophies and unlock everything. One trophy (Diskun) requires that you get all the special bonuses, and the last bonus I needed was the No-Damage Clear bonus. After many tries and much frustration I finally got it tonight. What a relief it was. :D

Now I only have 3 more trophies to get: Food (requires 1000 VS battles), Mew (beat All-star mode on Hard or Very Hard), and Crazy Hand (beat Adventure mode on Hard or Very Hard w/o continues). I'm sure the latter two will be pretty tough too.

So, are there any frustrating video game moments that you've overcome that you'd like to share?

EWild
05-02-2004, 06:52 AM
When my friends erased my SSB:M Data, which need 4 trophies, the ones you stated and Diskun, I also need no-damage clear. >.<

Edit: Opps, pushed submit early... so after losing all my data, I spent a whole week getting the stuff again, and I finally got my Diskun.

goKi
05-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Diskun is all i need... i feel your past pain.

Master Ghaleon
05-02-2004, 11:34 AM
R-type delta and R-type final -

Some of those levels are so hard that you have to pretty much be perfect in not gettting smashed by the airship while your on one side and its closin in on ya where you cant even move around and there is a clif up ahead and u cannot escape and you end up smacking into it. Cool games (R-type series) but hard as hell.

Yoshiman
05-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I've had a bunch of times, but here's one of my most recent ones.

Skies of Arcadia: I'm fighting Piastol, right? Well, I'm doing good on her so far until she uses one of two attacks. Tempest Dance is a rather strong move. I can usually just heal right after she does the attack. No problem. But then there's a spell called Eterni. It's an instant death spell that has a 50% chance of a kill. I swear, everytime she uses it, it always kills me. And then, when I'm trying to bring back the downed person, she goes and uses Tempst dance on my weakest person (Fina), who happens to have the revive spell Riselem :sweat:. It all goes downhill from there. But when I was fighting her again, she finally missed with Eterni and I was able to defeat her.

King
05-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Piastol gets Eternes later...

Advance Wars 1's Hard Campaign had some near-impossible levels, especially "Kanbei's Error?" and the last mission. I was so relieved when I finished HC. :)

vegeta1215
05-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Advance Wars 1's Hard Campaign had some near-impossible levels, especially "Kanbei's Error?" and the last mission. I was so relieved when I finished HC. :)

I haven't even attempted the Advanced Campaign yet. The regular campaign was pretty challenging, and I've played through it several times, unlocking all the characters (except Nell of course) and getting S class ranks. I only need to beat a few more levels to finish my S class run through. I'm on the second to last level right now (the first time you fight Sturm, where he doesn't use Meteor Smash) - and I really hate that level. You have to be really good to beat Advance Campaign (also know how to make the computer move where you want them to). One wrong move and your toast.

For those SSBM players out there also needing the No-Damage Clear, I got it with Donkey Kong playing through the All-Star mode on Very Easy. His down + B special (hand slap) will send most opponents flying. A few characters are a pain to fight (esp Captain Falcon), but after playing it over and over again, you start to get the hang of it. Afterwards, you just have to get lucky on the Mr Game and Watch battle, and hope no bombs or other explosives fall your way.

I tried playing through Classic to get the No-Damage clear, but it's a lot harder. The guys don't fly off the screen so easily, plus Master Hand always seems to get a little hit on me.

Vagla
05-02-2004, 02:44 PM
I remember a couple cheats from Goldeneye being extremely difficult to get; had to keep beating some of those stages over and over with the hopes of having either the exact time or just a little under... Invincibility and invisibility are prime examples of some pretty evil cheats to gain, though I remember the Aztec cheat being a tad annoying, as well (double moonrakers, was it?). I finally managed to get them all, eventually, though. ;)

Another would most definitely have to be some of those damn platinums in Blast Corps. I swear, they're probably the hardest things to get in a game I've ever seen. I remember getting a ton of them, but I could never completely finish it... Oh well. Maybe I should go back and use http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/3351/bcmain.html to help me get the rest... Meh.

Oh, and I was trying to get 100,000,000 points in Beetle Mania (the minigame in Super Mario RPG) many, many years back, but stopped at somewhere around 87,000,000 or so after several hours of work. My hand was blistering and people wanted to use the TV, lol.

I'm sure if I actually sat down to think about it, I'd be able to think up some more, but I don't really feel like bothering right now. If any more come to mind, I'll post them.

Pablo
05-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Some of the Platinum races in Project Gotham Racing 2 (mostly the Cone Challenges) require damn near perfection. I swear, some of them have no margin of error... I gave up on most of 'em after 50-100 tries :P

Pangolin
05-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Yoshiman, first thing you need to do is get everyone Incremed. Then have Gilder use Aura of Denial EVERY TURN to stop any nasty Eternes happening. (If you have to fight her again)

Ganon's Minion
05-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Hmm....

Uhh...

Nope, I've pretty much beat everything first time around. :D lol.

Okay that isn't true, I had trouble with a few specific battles in Skies of Arcadia: Legends, but I prevailed after only a few tries. I'm an expert. ;)

Samson007
05-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Need for Speed Underground. There was one race, full of 90 degree turns, bridges with pillars you had to weave in and out of. And the computers were insanely fast. it was a 6 lap race which made it all the harder.

I tried and tried for 2 weeks to no avail. I finally just said f*ck it and I stopped for a week.

Well, i went back and beat it on the first try next time. that was a major video game triumph.

Also, in Mario Kart Double Dash when I finally beat the all cup tour on mirror mode. That was so hard. i had to have a friend come over and play against me so he could take second every once and a while and take points away from the computer who would usually win.

Riku
05-02-2004, 10:22 PM
LoZ: LA, I was at the very beginning where you have the chain dog attached to u and you have to beat a simple cave, i spent around 10 hours trying to find out what was wrong, and finally started over to find out I was right at the beginning and got through it with ease, i dont even remember where I got stuck...:shrug:

Tygore
05-02-2004, 11:06 PM
One I'm currently on: on a trip I just got back from, I Worked on my copy of ALttP (GBA, obviously). I decided to do something I've never attempted in a game before: hunt down EVERYTHING in the game without the use of guides. All I have left: one piece of heart...

goKi
05-02-2004, 11:32 PM
it's probably that piece underneath the exit to turtle rock.. thats the last heart piece i found on the original SNES version. took me a long time to find it too.

Blonde799
05-02-2004, 11:48 PM
I had two. One was getting the archives cheat in Goldeneye. No matter how good I was, I either got the time a few seconds under, or way off. I got the cheat, but my time was right on the dot!!! If the game didn't allow you to get the cheat that way, I would've never got it. I don't see how the world record can be like, 50 seconds.:p

Killing mother brain in Metroid Zero Mission on Hard with 249 energy was also a pain in the butt. Kinda sad that the final boss on the same difficulty wasn't this hard.:laughing:

Hennerfeind
05-03-2004, 12:16 AM
I would have to say the entire game of Metal Gear Solid for PS1. Every day after school my freshman year i would play untill i went to bed, for a solid 3 weeks. it was such a relief to finally beat it.
When i was done, i went through it again to get the cool suit that made you invisable.
I still havent got through Metal Gear Solid 2, mainly because I Ive been occupied by other games.

moocow
05-03-2004, 12:28 AM
When I was a little kid, and I beat the first Mario Brothers game. I was so happy. Now days, I never play a game long enough to beat it. 'Cept Harvest Moon. I finally got married on It's a Wonderful Life, but I've been so tired lately that I spend my free time sleeping. :p

vegeta1215
05-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Also, in Mario Kart Double Dash when I finally beat the all cup tour on mirror mode. That was so hard. i had to have a friend come over and play against me so he could take second every once and a while and take points away from the computer who would usually win.

That is exactly what I had to do! I had my brother play with me in all my 100cc, 150cc, and Mirror Mode races. Having an extra human player to replace a computer player helps a lot - plus my brother is way better than me at Mario Kart. (one of the few games he's better than me at, hehe :D) He was the one to always take home the gold, while I usually got bronze (or worse)

slef
05-03-2004, 01:27 AM
somehow in mario kart i managed to beat mirror all cup tour by myself. it barely won by about 2 points... it was pretty close. crazy thing too, i got 8th on rainbow road. oh how i hate that track.

something im finding really hard is beating halo on lengendary. mebbe im just really bad but its insanely difficult. stuck on the silent cartographer. yeah i know the halo1 craze is over but im a loser and got the pc version last christmas so i just started my halo adventure. mebbe im just really bad but its insanely difficult.

goKi
05-03-2004, 03:39 AM
in the Mirror All cup in MK: DD, i lost by 1 point the first time! Very frustrating! Got it the next time though, easily

AlexMax
05-03-2004, 04:47 AM
When I got the insane number of stunt points in Rush 2049 Dreamcast to unlock the Gauntlet track. It took me for-fucking ever.

And then my friend's douchebag brother erased my save. Dear LORD I was pissed.

aces2022
05-03-2004, 09:04 AM
I ERASED MY OWN. :( It made me want to cry. I put hundreds of hours (literally) into that game and then i erased it. I had everything. except 2 trophies and you wouldn't belive how many vs. battles i had. I am talking about super smash bros. melee.

King
05-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Another would most definitely have to be some of those damn platinums in Blast Corps. I swear, they're probably the hardest things to get in a game I've ever seen. I remember getting a ton of them, but I could never completely finish it... Oh well. Maybe I should go back and use http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquar...351/bcmain.html to help me get the rest... Meh.

Oh, man...you just reminded me of the dreaded Diamond Sands level. :scared:

it's probably that piece underneath the exit to turtle rock.. thats the last heart piece i found on the original SNES version. took me a long time to find it too.

My guess is the piece in the digging minigame.

ShadowTiger
05-03-2004, 12:56 PM
For those of you who frequent Zelda Classic, and have played C-Dawg's Dreams Of Yesterday, you are probably doubling over in pain and trauma already.

Storm Tower. The use of conveyors in the tower was maddening with pits, while actually getting up the floors in the first place is hell, you then have to make sure the conveyors don't push you into the pits. THEN, the boss of the tower, Storm Blossom, has pits and conveyors all over the room. .. God.. so nasty. >_<

... And come to think about it, the rest of his quest was hell too. :disgust: .. Awesome though.

In SSBM, I thought a few of the event matches were alarmingly and unfairly difficult about a year ago. The "Time for a Checkup" event, as well as the "Space Travellers" one was quite crazy. .. And the 100 Man Melee was a challenge as well. I used Shiek. Worked quite well, actually. Link's spin attack is NOT to be underestimated there though. ;)

vegeta1215
05-03-2004, 01:21 PM
In SSBM, I thought a few of the event matches were alarmingly and unfairly difficult about a year ago. The "Time for a Checkup" event, as well as the "Space Travellers" one was quite crazy. .. And the 100 Man Melee was a challenge as well. I used Shiek. Worked quite well, actually. Link's spin attack is NOT to be underestimated there though. ;)

I know! The one with the three Metal Samus's was tough, and the Majora's Mask trophy tussle too. The last All-Star match was a real pain. And lets not forget the last two event matches: 1) you VS Master Hand and Crazy Hand, and 2) you VS Giga Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo.

The Master Hand/Crazy Hand battle just takes a lot of practice. I beat it with Ganondorf. The trick is to take out Crazy Hand first so the two hands can't team up. As for the Giga Bowser/Ganondorf/Mewtwo match, I used Jigglypuff :D His rest special will send Giga Bowser flying if you time it right. After that taking him out, I just avoided Ganondorf and Mewtwo by floating around, and waiting for good items to fall.

ShadowTiger
05-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Actually, I did the same thing. .. Exactly as you've said. Works amazingly well, thank you. :highfive: Personally, I don't find either of those too difficult though. :shrug: I think it's just having your health increase alone which is rather intimidating about those other two.

Samson007
05-03-2004, 05:06 PM
somehow in mario kart i managed to beat mirror all cup tour by myself. it barely won by about 2 points... it was pretty close. crazy thing too, i got 8th on rainbow road. oh how i hate that track.

something im finding really hard is beating halo on lengendary. mebbe im just really bad but its insanely difficult. stuck on the silent cartographer. yeah i know the halo1 craze is over but im a loser and got the pc version last christmas so i just started my halo adventure. mebbe im just really bad but its insanely difficult.

Oh yeah, also in MK double dash, trying to beat the staff ghosts. I can only do it in 3 tracks.

I beat the staff ghost in Rainbow road, DK mountain, and Baby Park.

i dont know how you can hate rainbow road, its my favorite. i count that track as a garunteed first place.

UNKNOWNFILE
05-03-2004, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=vegeta1215]I've been playing Super Smash Bros Melee on the Gamecube a lot lately, trying to get all the trophies and unlock everything. One trophy (Diskun) requires that you get all the special bonuses..[QUOTE]
Incase you didn't know, Diskun is the mascot of the Famicom Disk System.
For more on the Famicom Disk System, search around.
*hugs Legend of Zelda disk*

Btw, my most annoying video game moment was getting onboard the pirate ship in the Japanese version of Zelda Wind Waker. One of my friends who spoke Jpnese better than I did got me past that part.

4matsy
05-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Diddy Kong Racing, having to get all the coins on every track AND still finish...in Adventure 2...GAH!

Super Metroid stuck me at the infamous glass tube, I was wondering how to get on the other side of it. Never thought to blow it up with a power bomb, I thought you had to find another path around it...never even realized that the OTHER glass tube a few rooms away was pre-broken in a similar manner...>_<

And some NES levels from hell:

Ninja Gaiden, level 6-2. Takes you forever to figure out the timing for some of the screens toward the end, and then 6-3 isn't anywhere near as hard, and then when you go to fight the three final bosses in a row you find out that if you lose to any of them, you get booted all the way back to 6-1?...I was like "Oh HELL no" and kicked the NES, knocking the game into a wonderful display of glitches...

Battletoads, level 9...the gears here are freakin' INSANE, even with memorizing their patterns, and instant-death enemies/spikes are almost nonstop, and the level is one of the longest in the game...ugh.

Bubble Bobble, level 57. This was a totally new level, not present in the arcade version....I'd really like to know what'n the flying blue hell the designers ate/drank/smoked/shot up when this level was made. It's exactly the halfway point of the game (there are 113 levels), yet it's the hardest level in the whole game...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...actually this game as a whole is hard as hell. Especially the last two stages...the underground parts of level 5 have so many powerful enemies, and the cave where you find the Technodrome is random, so you may have to search all 3 caves...and if you get past that, you still have that last section of level 6 to look forward to. You know what I'm talking about...it's the Laser Soldiers' Super-Cramped HALL OF LASERY DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH!!!!!!!111oneoneone

*retrieves his shotgun*

*blasts his NES to smithereens*

Ah. That was satisfying.

deathbyhokie
05-06-2004, 09:34 AM
That is exactly what I had to do! I had my brother play with me in all my 100cc, 150cc, and Mirror Mode races. Having an extra human player to replace a computer player helps a lot - plus my brother is way better than me at Mario Kart. (one of the few games he's better than me at, hehe :D) He was the one to always take home the gold, while I usually got bronze (or worse)

my roomate and i tend to get his girlfriend and one of our mutual friends over so we run two people on two carts. being able to throw punches helps alot, especially on some of the levels with narrow tracks and no railing. as well as being able to fully utilize the super mushroom

as for the topic? i know i've been frustrated with several video games. alot of RPGs. most recently it's been jedi academy, but i've been finding my way through that better than i did JKII.

automatic
05-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Hey, Hypercrash, you mentioned two of mine: Ninja Gaiden and Bubble Bobble. I used to play the hell out of them when I was a kid, and beat them both, but I can't get anywhere near beating Bubble Bobble now, and the end of Ninja Gaiden just whoops my ass. Very frustrating. I mean, I've done it before, but now... I guess I'm just slipping in my old age.

Another one is Bionic Commando. I beat that as a kid, too, but I really don't know how I did because I can't get anywhere now.

I think the most frustrating time I ever had, though, was in the original Metroid. Being lost in the bubble-area for hours on end with that maddening music looping over and over again was annoying as hell. Its a toss-up between that and this one area (I think it's Kraid's) where there's a long hallway with a couple of fake blocks in the floor so you fall if you don't jump at just the right spot. If you do fall, you have to spend the next five minutes making your way back to that hall, only to fall again. Ugh.

vegeta1215
03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
I know this is an old thread, but it's my thread darn it, so I'm digging it back up! Anyways, I accomplished a great feat today, one that many find nearly impossible - I finished all the Story Mode chapters from F-Zero GX on Very Hard. Now I have every AX racer unlocked! :D

Besides Goki, is there anyone else that has done this?

firefly
03-09-2006, 12:40 AM
I made in SSBM 6549Ft. in Home Run Contest and I filmed it. (with Ganondorf)

I can't get the "No damage Clear Bonus" so I don't have Diskun... :(

Darth Marsden
03-09-2006, 05:25 AM
I get stuck on a couple of RPG battles, but otherwise... I don't tend to have many of those moments. The last one I remember having was defeating the Vizier in Prince of Persia : Two Thrones. It took me so long to figure out! I can do it like *clicks fingers* now, but that first time, when I only had two life upgrades... ugh!

Oh, I remember another one. It was in Warcraft 3, one of those 'protect this character for 10 minutes' missions. I had a nice setup of turrets and warriors all lined up, but over the course of the mission they kept getting destroyed and killed. Right at the end, the enemy broke through... and the ten minutes ran out (completing the mission) literally just before my character was about to die. He had like 3 health. So yeah, that was a nice 'Oh thank God! Thank you Jesus!' feeling.

Haven't had many recently though. I only tend to get them on boss battles as a rule, and I don't get that far in many games..!

koopa
03-09-2006, 06:55 AM
My most frustrating moments:

- Super Mario World, beating the 8 specials
- Super Mario RPG, Culex (I gave up on the beetle game)
- Age of Empires 1, getting started on the greek campaign
- Myst, the "maze" to return from the "rocket land", and many others
- Riven, many places
- some more from Myst III and Uru.
(Though the Myst series ones do give you a real feeling of satisfaction when you get them. Also once you know how you think "that was so obvious".)

- Advance Wars DS, hard campaign (still working on it. Jugger, I so HATE you).

ShadowTiger
03-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I beat a Wavedash freak in SSBM as Link, and without constantly using Spin Attack. It's frustrating as hell when your opponent can wavedash very easily and you can't. @_@'

Sir_Johnamus
03-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Tales of Symphonia:
Beat Abyssion on mania without alldivides!

Aegix Drakan
03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
frustrating moment?

beating the final Hero story mode race in Sonic riders.

I had no Idea how to do a high jump, and there was one shrp turn that constantly killed me.

I played that race at LEAST 57 times. then when I did beat it, I won by about 2 seconds. You can imagine how good beating that race felt. :drool:

another frustrating moment: Beating the last boss of Golden Sun 2...

The boss likes to use the following strategy: Djin storm (stuns all my status enhancing cretures) or guard aura which divides all damage done to it by 10.

then it like to follow it up with Cruel ruin (super powerfull attack that hits everyone) then it does Cruel Ruin again...

it took me AGES to beat it...

ZTC
03-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Finally beating Mega Man X; after getting the hadouken attack, the final stage was quite easy until I fought Sigma's final form. It took I don't know how many times to finally do it. (and if I would have taken another hit, I would have lost again)

another is when I finally beat Atomos in Final Fantasy 5, I had to level up like nuts to even scrape by, and when I finally beat him, I was left with only 2 characters still alive :angry:

vegeta1215
03-09-2006, 04:43 PM
The last one I remember having was defeating the Vizier in Prince of Persia : Two Thrones. It took me so long to figure out! I can do it like *clicks fingers* now, but that first time, when I only had two life upgrades... ugh!

When I got to the Vizier I had all but one life upgrade, but it still took me over 10 tries to beat him. I just couldn't get the timing right to initiate the speed kills (plus those swirling rocks kicked my ass) After playing Warrior Within I went back to play Two Thrones again, and that time I beat the Vizier on my first try, go figure :shrug:

firefly
03-09-2006, 05:53 PM
This is the worst:

Complete Super Smash Bros. (N64) In Very-Hard difficulty using only 1 life!!!.
I accomplished this by using DK. I was a maniac.

I did this because some guy told me that if I completed it in Very-Hard using only 1 life you could get Metal mario, obviously, He didn't appeared.
This happened when I was 8.

Dark Knight
03-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Beating Alma in Ninja Gaiden(Xbox). Given what equipment you usually have around that time and the amount of life, this boss fight is a bitch. Her attacks are also brutal, especially when she traps you in a "bubble" and beats you then kicks your ass to the ground. That can take anywhere from a third to half your health. She's also good at dodging your attacks, even when using the flails, which most strategy guides seem to recommend using, but I have better luck using the Flying Swallow attack with the Dragon Sword.

Took me around...15 tries to beat her. Now it's quite easy.

Archibaldo
03-10-2006, 06:31 PM
There was one mission on Trauma Center: Under the Knife. I tried it so many times, I almost broke my DS in half out of frustration.

There was also the boat mission in Fire Emblem on the GBA. It took me forever to beat it with out losing any units.

But my most amazing accomplishment was getting all 150 pokemon in Blue Version. Until my friend saved over it. I was so pissed.

VT_Hokie_Fan
03-11-2006, 02:29 PM
The final assault challenge in Time Splitters II. It was in the robot factory,and there were thread lasers everywhere and you only had one ally. It took me forever but I finally beat it with a gold. It took me two solid weeks.

Aegix Drakan
03-11-2006, 10:00 PM
But my most amazing accomplishment was getting all 150 pokemon in Blue Version. Until my friend saved over it. I was so pissed.

Lol. I feel your pain. I had, what 140 something of the little critters, then my older cousin secretly played it, and deleted my file. He of couse denied ever playing it. :mad: I was 12.

firefly
03-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I once had 149 Pokemon on my blue version, including MEW, but I "accidentally" caught MissingNo and it messed up my entire game, I couldn't get the Coin Case so I wasn't able to buy Porygon, and nobody had an extra Omanyte (I had Omastar but I didn't had Omanyte), It always multipled my 6th item with MissingNo, and ocasionally caught a Lvl 145 Clefable, which I gave Rare Candies and rose up to Level 255.

My uncle sold the game, I was so sad.

Glenn the Great
03-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I only got my 151 Pokemon because I borrowed a friend's Game Genie. I really wanted to finish that game legitimately, but my friends at the time were abusing exploits and the game genie in order to super-crack their PvP monsters. I got drawn into it, and one thing led to another, and I finally justified my cheating by telling myself it was the only way I was getting Mew.

My most frustrating gaming moment was when I tried to complete all of Goldeneye on 00 Agent mode. Many frustrating battles were overcome until that level near the end, you know, the one you do with Natalya and you get ambushed from all sides while she works on the computer? Never beat that part. No matter how hard I tried, Natalya got killed. Considering that if you lose there, you have to start the level over which will gobble up another half hour of your life. I gave it up.

These days, when I game, I shy from frustrating tasks. It isn't important to me anymore to get 100% of everything. It isn't even important to me that I beat most games, because they can only hold my interest for maybe 2 weeks before I get burnt out and never play again.

That's why I like Half-Life 2. The game isn't frustrating in the least. It isn't that hard to beat it on the hardest difficulty. There is nothing to unlock. It's all about the experience and taking down some Combine.

Darth Marsden
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I'm alternating between Breath of Fire (the SNES version which I'm emulating on my PS2 so that I have the whole series on one console), GTA San Andreas and Half-Life at the moment. Whn I get fed up of one (BoF's random battles, GTA's constant killing of me and HL's repetition) I just switch to another one.

I do, on the other hand, have to get everything in an RPG, much to my iritation. The logic goes: 'I could just have fun, but I'll only have 3 of 50 collectamables, and that's gonna bug me...' It's not so much in other types of games (except GTA... and there's so many things to achieve in San Andreas! Unique Stunts, Horseshoes, Photo Spots, augh!), but RPGs get me every time. The sad thing is, I keep doing it. Every single time. I can't stop. Someone help me..!

Glenn the Great
03-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I used to be very big on "collectamables" with RPGs myself. With every Final Fantasy game, I had to max out and find everything. Then I learned that doing such means I can wipe out the final boss like he's nothing, and I get to fight a really powerful Weapon-ish monster, for a reward that is either crap, or something that I really don't need anymore because all the other enemies, even the final boss, like I said, is already a pushover.

I just want to see the ending.