PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man 3

Ganonator
05-01-2004, 09:58 PM
I have come across a new afternoon activity - beating Mega Man 3. It just seems like one of those games that I can play 100 times and still enjoy it.

Are there any others in the series that have this sort of incredible replay value?

bigjoe
05-01-2004, 10:01 PM
I have come across a new afternoon activity - beating Mega Man 3. It just seems like one of those games that I can play 100 times and still enjoy it.

Are there any others in the series that have this sort of incredible replay value?
Mega Man 5 was probably one of the worst, but it had decent replay value.

vegeta1215
05-01-2004, 10:53 PM
I haven't played all the Mega Man games, but of the ones I have played, Mega Man 3 is my favorite, followed closely by Mega Man 2. I can't wait for the Mega Man Anniversary Collection on the Gamecube. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg.

I've played the original Legend of Zelda several times over. I never get bored playing it. On that note, I mark my calendar for the release of The Legend of Zelda NES mini :D

Mitsukara
05-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Perhaps I'm something of a pansy where such things are concerned, but Rockman (Mega Man) 5 has always seemed like a horrible pain to me... 6 is decent, but a bit irritating after a while... 4 is okay until you get to the fortresses... and then there's 8, which I haven't even finished the first time yet...

Overall, I find the first three by far the ones I most like to go back to. 2 is easy, 3 is a little harder but still fun, and the first is, well... nice (although much better if you have savestates available... unless you're one of those Europeans or Japanese with their Rockman World cartridges, instead of the crappy sattelite that went off the air about 7 years ago...). I find I also rather like to replay 7 sometimes, although it requires more time and ongoing attention, it seems like... Rockman and Forte even more so.

Now, if you like the Gameboy games... I find the first to be a complete terror, II is okay but terribly simple, short, easy, and the music sounds like the sound card got attacked with a meat grinder (although for no apparent reason I find I love the screwy Air Man music...). III is nice all-around, and 4 and 5 are quite good, although, much more involved to play through.

Mmm, the X Series... I've only played the first 4, but I love replaying 2, over and over. I don't know why, but once you get the hang of a few things here and there (learning where the enhancements are, knowing how to get Zero's parts; it seems a lot of people don't realize that if you go to fight and defeat one of the X hunters, and then finish the stage, and keep doing that, they leave, because if you complete too many levels before defeating all of them, they leave; you have to go, defeat one, and then run out of lives so you can go back to the map screen, and repeat the process for the other two[/babble]). 3 is fun to replay sometimes, and other people seem to really like the first, although it never appealed to me as much... 4 is okay, but feels a bit tiresome to play after a while. *shrugs*

If I were to recommend some non-Mega Man games that I feel are good to replay... Super Mario Bros 3 is awesome... actually, I enjoy replaying many Mario games, but especially SMB3, SMW, SML (for Gameboy; I don't know why, but I really love that game, and it's nice and simple, so it's kind of good to just play quickly, like when you're waiting on something or in the car or something), and SMB2j/The Lost Levels, for some reason. 2j is always very challenging, even if you've played through it more than once before.

I agree, The Legend of Zelda games are very nice to replay every once in a while... although I find they're better if it's been quite a while since I've played through them, so I don't remember everything... although with LttP and LA, that's a lost cause for me ^.^

A similar thing goes for the Final Fantasy games (at least, speaking for the first one and IIIj-V...), and for the Dragon Quest/Warrior games (although I've only played the first 4, the only ones released in the US before VII)- good to come back to after a while, and just spend a few days/weeks devoted to replaying until you finish it.

Cloral
05-01-2004, 11:48 PM
2 and 3 are the most fun to play through, although I am still partial to 6. 1's nice because its a bit more challenging than many of the later ones.

Ganonator
05-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Mega Man 5 was probably one of the worst, but it had decent replay value.
how do you come across 5 as the worst? it had the best graphics, didn't have any crazy simplified attachments (like 6), and the bosses were intelligent. Hey - at least it didn't have the word 'Faild' in it like MM6

MottZilla
05-03-2004, 01:34 AM
I used to play Mega Man II through to the end every single day, like.. 6 years ago or something. Funny enough, I've NEVER owned any of the odd numbered Mega Man games except for Mega Man V. I never had MMI, III, or VII. :O I have their data though. Roms, isos. ;)

Anyways, right now I spend my gaming time playing WarCraft III Frozen Throne on battle.net.

Riku
05-03-2004, 10:32 AM
FF6 is fun too play as many times as possible.