PDA

View Full Version : Really insane laws.

Menokh
04-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Does your state or town have any completely insane laws? You know the kind I'm talking about, usually old and outdated things such as "You may not bathe your horse on Tuesdays."

Well, the city of Boston, Massachusetts, about 90 miles north of me, has this wonderful law. Apparently it is illegal not to carry a shotgun while walking through the Boston Commons. Imagine if some cop had a bad day and decided to enforce that one.

Any good ones near you?

theplustwo
04-30-2004, 09:04 PM
I think in Michigan it is illegal for women not to wear red on Wednesdays or something. Purple monkey dishwasher.

bigjoe
04-30-2004, 09:31 PM
I think in Michigan it is illegal for women not to wear red on Wednesdays or something. Purple monkey dishwasher.
Theyre considering making it a crime to sag around where I live. That sucks if youre a man without clothes that fit your behind.

theplustwo
04-30-2004, 09:47 PM
lol, no sagging.

Men, set nightsticks to "whomp."

Rijuhn
04-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Umm..I don't know of any outrageous laws here in Virginia, but I'll let you know if I learn of any.

Archibaldo
04-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Crazy laws like "The Good Samaritan Law"? Not in my town. I'm not sure if there is any laws like that around wher I live.

moocow
04-30-2004, 11:06 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/7474/ohlaws.html

"Ohio:
In Oxford, Ohio, it's illegal for a woman to strip off her clothing while standing in front of a man's picture. (Loony Laws" by Robert Pelton)
Women aren't allowed to wear patent-leather shoes in Cleveland, Ohio- a man might see the reflection of something "he oughtn't!""

ShadowTiger
05-02-2004, 11:09 AM
In New York, you're not allowed to have an ice cream cone in your pocket on Sunday. ... Sheesh. >_<