PDA

View Full Version : Post Office Paradox

Ganonator
04-28-2004, 08:59 PM
So I'm moving to a new apartment, and to get my mail forwarded, I have to have a credit card that says I am who I am. (and charge me a dollar! damn!). Where's the problem? My credit card isn't linked to my address here in Washington, so everytime I hit submit, I get an error saying that I'm not who I am.

I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I sure as hell don't want to drive to my old house and back to pick up my main...

anybody else have internal moving problems?

AtmaWeapon
04-28-2004, 09:01 PM
You have to call the credit card company and get your current address approved for your card. I've had this problem because I have 3 residences (home, university, co-op apartment) and a lot of web places don't take your credit card unless your billing and shipping addresses match.

theplustwo
04-28-2004, 09:34 PM
I love a good paradox!

AtmaWeapon
04-28-2004, 09:46 PM
anybody else have internal moving problems?

Sometimes when I eat a lot of food the problem is either my internals move too much or not at all. Either way I spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

I hear prune juice can help but yuck.

theplustwo
04-28-2004, 09:51 PM
prune juice? more liek vaginal juice am i rite?

Blonde799
04-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah, that'll help too.:p I'm seem to have the same problem with food going through me like a ghost. But anyway, I used someone else's address for that kind of thing.:D

Jemsee
04-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Yep.
If you continue to have problems, and the PO is near you, you may consider a POBox. It costs about 15-20$ for 6 months. I have my home one then the POBox for my business. It is kind of nice to be able to keep them seperate.

inori
04-29-2004, 09:27 AM
You need a credit card to get your mail forwarded? When did they start that?

I always just used to go to the post office and fill out one of their forwarding cards to get mail forwarded. It was easy.

theplustwo
04-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Also, if you have a bank (debit) card that has a VISA or other credit company logo on it, then you can use it as a credit card when they ask for one. I've done it when getting a card at Blockbuster.