PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Sprite help

automatic
04-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Can I change what cset an enemy sprite uses? I want to change the "octorok - red slow" enemy to a deku scrub (who shoots seeds), but there's no green in the cset for the octorok. If I edit the cset to put green in, it changes other sprites as well... this is a problem.

If I can't change the cset that an enemy uses, are there any "unused" colors in the cset that I can safely change (to avoid ruining other sprites).

If I can't have my deku scrub, then I won't be able to make my awesome Deku Palace dungeon ;)

Edit: Okay, I jsut read in the sticky above that you can't change the cset an enemy uses, but how about any "unused colors?" I'm using the Pure set (version 2).

Espo
04-29-2004, 01:07 PM
I ran into a similar problem with the Pure Set (don't know which version) but the one I was using had the color for text set to light blue and made it hard to read. I had to change that color (I think it was the first one color of cset 1) to white and this affected a number of other combos. Fortunately there was another cset that was very similar so the fix was easy. As far as your octorok problem goes the likelyhood of there being an unused color in the cset is very slim. The only way you could really check is by changing each color to see what effect it has. This seems to be a common problem and I think there is work being done to correct it. If I remember correctly I seem to recall reading about a possible enemy editor in future versions.

*b*
04-29-2004, 01:55 PM
anotherway to fix this problem is, if you remember in OOT, the Mad Deku Scrubs were yellow, not green, so that could help. also, you could add just one green color, and have the shading for the green dark yellow or something :shrug: I'll have to play around with this

automatic
04-29-2004, 02:43 PM
The only way you could really check is by changing each color to see what effect it has. This seems to be a common problem and I think there is work being done to correct it. If I remember correctly I seem to recall reading about a possible enemy editor in future versions.
Yeah, I'm in the process of recoloring everything that uses cset #8 (the cset the red octorok uses). I changed the bright yellow and the bright red in the cset because those are the least used colors in sprites that use #8. Man, even a lot of items use that cset (I had to recolor the triforce pieces and everything...)

Bah. An enemy editor would solve this problem instantly. Obviously there would have to be some control over which pallete & cset a new enemy uses...

It's a pain, too, checking to see which cset a particular enemy uses (some look like they're colored normally in many different csets, so the only way to check is to put them on a screen and fight them.) What a chore.