PDA

View Full Version : Back from the deadly!

AtmaWeapon
04-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Acronis True Image performed the task of imaging my HD and proved superior to it's Symantec brethren, Ghost and DriveImage.

Western Digital provided a home for my data, Coolmax provided the home for Western Digital, and Belkin provided the means to put that data into my computer.

Delpart killed my partition. 30 minutes later Windows XP was born again on my computer. 2 hours later I had Windows, Program, Multimedia, Data, and Swap partitions formatted and raring to go.

So here I stand, almost 2 weeks later, with my computer finally the way I like it again. I'm pretty sure I've posted since the reformat, but today is the day I officially return. The system has proved stable and the images have proved to work. The only difference is now Neverwinter Nights is occupying nearly 3GB of space on my HD and it will stay there. I love it. Atma is now reborn and I have returned to my home.

The computer performs great after the reformat, only my bandwidth is curiously low. I've tweaked my registry settings and so forth to try and fix it, but I'm currently getting good bandwidth for 128k ISDN through my cable. Something is amiss, and Charter will have to explain it to me. Downloading the few programs I am missing is proving quite annoying.

So, every time I leave AGN for a week or so, something really exciting and/or controversial happens. Anyone care to help me catch up?

vegeta1215
04-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Welcome back. Sounds like you had a mess of computer trouble. :(

Hmmm, let me think...War Lord unbanned everyone, and now a whole mess of former members are back. Even some members that weren't banned have come back like Darth Cronic. Phantom Menace has been posting a bit in the ZC forums. Eckels redid the zeldaclassic.com site (looks awesome btw :thumbsup:.) Moocow is expecting a baby (Foxy too I think). Those are the biggies.

AtmaWeapon
04-26-2004, 10:12 PM
OK OK I forgot to leave a context. It was about 2 weeks ago when I reformatted, the Glenn thread was at like page 7 or something. That should set up the context. Hopefully nothing unpleasant happened and the zc.com site is the only news, so therefore only good happened while I was gone this time.

Riku
04-26-2004, 11:22 PM
I've had computer troubles too. Glad your back though!

vegeta1215
04-27-2004, 12:08 AM
OK OK I forgot to leave a context. It was about 2 weeks ago when I reformatted, the Glenn thread was at like page 7 or something.

Damn, that was over 2 weeks ago? My sense of time on the internet is way off, lol.

AtmaWeapon
04-27-2004, 12:16 AM
My sense of time, period, is screwed up right now. I've been working 12+ hours on the weekend so I don't have the logical break in my work week I'm used to so last Friday was the last time I successfully guessed what day of the week it was.

AlexMax
04-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Lightningz made a postcount++. I bought Glenn an SA account. Other than that, nothing.

Gerudo
04-27-2004, 01:22 AM
I bought Glenn an SA account.
how smart of you sir, a truce cost you 10 bucks...

good to have you back Atma, hope you learned your lesson about stuff and stuff :p

theplustwo
04-27-2004, 02:25 PM
BigJoe came back and was sane.

Ha ha, It's still April, you fool!