PDA

View Full Version : Problem With my USB Duel Shock PC Controller!!

Monica
04-25-2004, 07:28 PM
I was playing Star Ocean when all of a sudden the "down" part of the DPad quit working!! The other directions work great, and so do the analog sticks, but the DPad is more comfortable on this specific controller. The DPad goes down, but it doesn't compute. I got this controller because the directions on the Axis Pad Pro controller were so sensative if you so much as touched them they'd go too fast in RPG menus. I was just walking in Astral Cave and then, bam, nada! I just got the thing in March!

Does anyone else have a USB Duel Shock controller? Has that ever happened to you? What Controller do you have and which controllers gave you trouble? What did they do?

MottZilla
04-26-2004, 03:14 AM
Do you mean an adaptor for the PSX to USB? If so, try using another controller and try using the controller on a real system. You should be able to identify which is the cause from there. If it's an actual 1 piece psx style usb controller, then something may be broken which you may or may not be able to fix.

goKi
04-26-2004, 06:47 AM
First thing to do would be to make sure that this button was not somehow unbound. Go to your windows control panel(i'm assuming windows, if not, it could be a compatibility problem). Click game controllers and test your controller in the area provided. If there's a problem in there, try updating drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Monica
04-26-2004, 12:16 PM
The Name of it is USB Duel Shock and it's white, but it looks a lot like a PS2 controller, and it came with a Floppy Disc to intall the drivers. I tested it that way, and everything worked exept the DPad Down. It also feels strange comapared to the others, like there's a tiny click noise when I press down that isn't there with the others. I'm the only one who uses it and it sits right to the left of the monitor uninterupted. Nothing ever spilled on it or anything. Is there a way to get the PS2 controller to work on the PC?

LordMagus
04-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Is there a way to get the PS2 controller to work on the PC?

Get yourself one of these (http://www.merconnet.com/products.php?ProductID=45). I've been using one for about a year and it's never given me any problems.
Every PC gamepad I've had, broke for no reason at all. They just stopped functioning correctly. It's just something you have to expect.

Monica
04-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Get yourself one of these (http://www.merconnet.com/products.php?ProductID=45). I've been using one for about a year and it's never given me any problems.
Every PC gamepad I've had, broke for no reason at all. They just stopped functioning correctly. It's just something you have to expect.

Oh, that's (somewhat) comforting to know that it's not just me the PC controllers hate. And I can't use that thing because it's not XP compadible. :( This controller was so awesome though, sleek and comfortable, and ever had a Turbo/Slow feature (Not exactly sure why I'd need it but it's still cool.) I've gotten adjusted to the Analog stick (I've got small hands and it's kinda hard to reach for (and this controller was on the small side. O_o)) so I guess I can use it out of desperation. :) BTW I've always wondered, what exactly is the point of the right Joystick?

LordMagus
04-26-2004, 04:43 PM
And I can't use that thing because it's not XP compadible. :(

I use XP and it works. However I use an older model, so I'm not sure about the new ones.

Dart Zaidyer
04-26-2004, 11:10 PM
D-pads in general on any 3rd-party controller tend to be really poorly designed and constructed. They destroy themselves pretty quick as a result. Unless you can find one with a genuine Nintendo-style cross design, you're doomed.
I have an Axis Pad Pro as well, and I use it to play SNES games. The D-pad quickly proved it was total crap, so I've learned to use the left analog stick instead. It may take a little while but you'll get used to it.
Unfortunately, it does have a rather annoying tendency to stick when moved all the way to the edge.

Monica
04-27-2004, 11:23 AM
D-pads in general on any 3rd-party controller tend to be really poorly designed and constructed. They destroy themselves pretty quick as a result. Unless you can find one with a genuine Nintendo-style cross design, you're doomed.
I have an Axis Pad Pro as well, and I use it to play SNES games. The D-pad quickly proved it was total crap, so I've learned to use the left analog stick instead. It may take a little while but you'll get used to it.
Unfortunately, it does have a rather annoying tendency to stick when moved all the way to the edge.

I couldn't even use the Axis Pad DPad, it was too uncomfortable and stiff. The analog stick was comfortable but super sensative to the touch. My dad only wanted me to use the MS Sidewinder brand, but I couldn't find them anywhere in my whole area. (and believe me, I went EVERYWHERE possible) Are they any better?