PDA

View Full Version : boss flag trick w/ text

Espo
04-25-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm using the boss flag trick to trigger about 8.6349 million events on a level. One of these I would like to work so that the secrets on the screen trigger to change some combos to look like a guy coming out of his house and talking to the player.

The boss flag trick and all the combo animations work perfectly well when there is no assigned message string for that screen. When I put the (invisible) "guy" and the message string in, the message appears but there is no secret triggering. Is there a way for me to do this or am I metaphorically hosed?

Thanks.

Jigglysaint
04-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Hmm, not quite sure the exact effect, however one important thing to remember is that you can't make an boss flag event to make a guy or message string appear, at least not directly.

If you(sorry if I misunderstood the question) want to make it so when you trigger somebody saying somthing, what you do is set up an identical screen somewhere else with the string and stuff, but on the screen with the event, create some invisible pit combos to appear when the trigger is set.

Also, just in case you are wondering, you can make it so a guy with a special item can trigger a boss flag, or a boss flag makes a guy disappear, but unless you do it in this manner like I showed, you can't make a guy appear when a boss flag is triggered.

Espo
04-29-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm not exactly trying make a "guy" appear. Really the guy i'm referring to is just an animated combo that looks like a human. I'm trying to use the boss flags to make certain combos on this screen change while at the same time displaying some message string. Although I think you may have answered my question since the event cannot make a message string appear. Thanks for getting back to me. I think I know how to fix it now.