PDA

View Full Version : RPG Trivia!!!

zoraking
04-23-2004, 08:51 PM
I'll be keeping score. First one to 3 wins. First question:
What is the only boss from Final Fantasy that is also in Super Mario RPG?

P.S. Not that anyone cares, but this is my 230th post. yay...

Erasul
04-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Culex or something like that?

Daarkseid
04-23-2004, 11:04 PM
I do not ever recall a FF boss in any of the FF games preceding Super Mario RPG that resembled Culex or even bore the name of Culex. This encompassing Final Fantasies I thru VI, the only FF games to be released prior to Super Mario RPG(except FFA or the FFL series, which were whole different RPG series, just retitled).

The only thing Final Fantasy about Culex is that the style of his graphic and the concept behind his elemental crystals. Both Final Fantasy like in nature. And of course, the FF theme plays when you encounter him.

As far as I can tell, he's never actually appeared in any of the FF games. He is only added to the game as some kind of telling signature by Square, the company that developed the game, as well as a challenging side boss. I've played all 6 of the FF games in question, five of them quite extensively, and there was no character or boss named Culex, or not even one that closely resembled Culex.

Dechipher
04-23-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm n ot sure. You may be right, I may be crazy. I could swear that there was a culex somewhere else...

mrz84
04-24-2004, 12:10 AM
though culex may not appear in any fianl fantasy game, he does use the boss music from final fantasy 4 when you fight him.

aces2022
04-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Culix coo coo kachoo

zoraking
04-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Wow, someone make a question.