PDA

View Full Version : m-80

Makaveli
04-22-2004, 10:59 PM
i heard you can only make em and they are very rare. I bought some flash powder and i wanna make one, exacltly how dangerous are they?

Master Ghaleon
04-23-2004, 12:31 AM
Very dangerous.

M-80s are illegal in the United States. Any firecracker sold to the public in the U.S. can only have 50 milligrams or less of pyrotechnic composition in it. A true M-80 contains much more than 50 milligrams, and is therefore illegal. Don't buy or use M-80s, period. They are dangerous, and they are illegal to sell, buy, possess or use in the U.S.A. I'm sorry if reading this disappoints you, but anyone who has your best interests in mind will tell you the same thing

Fiyerstorm
04-23-2004, 12:35 AM
lol, I remember seeing this video clip with these geeks and they made a homemade bomb outta fireworks or gun powder and the fat one's hand blew off.

So don't play with explosives.

Beldaran
04-23-2004, 02:22 AM
M-80's aren't dangerous at all. Just make sure to keep your hands close to the explosive in case of an emergency.

Master Ghaleon
04-23-2004, 02:29 AM
A true, bonafide M-80 is a firecracker designed for military use as a "gunfire simulator." One specification calls for a tube that is 1.5 inches long, 9/16th of an inch in diameter, with a fuse coming out the side rather than the end, and containing 45 grains of a specific pyrotechnic composition. (A "grain" is a unit of weight measurement equal to 64.799 milligrams.) So a true M-80 contains about 2,916 milligrams, or just under 3 grams of a spedific type of pyrotechnic composition.

KALBOOMIE :D